Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Is this ARS or am I a worried well?
      10/01/04 10:44 AM

In July I had protected sexual contacts with three female pros in Germany. With the first two, the condom stayed completely on. With the third, the condom slid about a third of the way off the shaft, but the urethra was still covered.

I suffered a bruised shaft (top) and a little irritation peeing. I went to primary care three days later. They took a gonorrhea and chlamydia swab and that came out negative.

35 days after the encounter, I reported to the ER with tonsillitis, a dry throat, and no other symptoms. A strep culture was taken and it was negative.

33 days later I took an ELISA and it was negative.

Symptoms continued. Night sweats developed (for four days) and I felt a sensitivity to heat and cold. I took my temperature about 12-15 times during that period and the temperature was never above 98.7F.

I reported to the ER 40 days after the incident with a headache, right-sided flank pain, the tonsils, and a general malaise. A CBC was taken; the neutrophils were high and the lymphocytes were on the lower end of normal (but not an abnormal count). I took an ELISA (not sure which generation), Hep A, B, C, strep culture, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. All came back negative. In my job, if even one part of an envelope of the ELISA comes back positive, a Western Blot is automatically done. If the ELISA came back positive, I would be notified back at that point.

Symptoms subsided a couple of days later. For the past two weeks, my stomach seems to gurgle a little more when I'm digesting food. I've had 4 doctors check my lymph nodes and they said the nodes were not unusual. I also just noticed that I lost about 6-7 pounds in the last 6 weeks.

Do you think this is ARS or a worried well situation?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Is this ARS or am I a worried well? Anonymous 10/01/04 10:44 AM
. * Re: Is this ARS or am I a worried well? Moose   10/01/04 02:11 PM
. * Re: Is this ARS or am I a worried well? Anonymous   10/06/04 06:19 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1457

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3