Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Noah
Unregistered

Scared to take the test? Please Read.
      09/09/04 11:16 PM

Back in 91 I took an HIV test and the results came back "inconclusive" I was told to take another test, but I didn't. I was too frightened to take it ... too scared to find out if I actually had the disease. Keep in mind that back then HIV/AIDS was considered terminal, a death sentence. So I went on my way and tried as best as I could to forget about the "inconclusive" results. The thing is though that I NEVER did get on my way and forget about the results. They were ALWAYS in the back of my mind gnawing at me, slowly driving me (and some of those around me) mad. But again.. I refused to take another test. For the past 13 years every single cold I got, every damned flu and virus I was convinced was the "big one" .. that my T-Cells have dropped to single digits and that it was merely a matter of days or weeks until I was dead. No joke, this is how I lived my life for over a decade. Well, to make a long story short .. hmm.. guess it's too late for that ... but anyway.. to make a long story not quite as long I recently took a blood test for a life insurance policy and the results took two weeks to come in. Needless to say it was a harrowing two weeks. The results came back today. My policy was approved, besides a bit of high cholesterol I had nothing wrong with me. No HIV. It was like a huge stone was lifted off my back. It still hasn't completely sunk in. I DONT HAVE HIV and I wasted God knows how many hours, days, months, years of my life needlessly worrying about it when all I had to do was take another test. You know what... whether you have it or not it's best to know. The stress and mental anguish of not knowing will kill you faster than the disease will.

If you think you may be infected GO GET A TEST RIGHT NOW. Don't waste a decade or more of your life as I have.

God bless all of you, especially those that have tested positive.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Scared to take the test? Please Read. Noah 09/09/04 11:16 PM
. * Re: Scared to take the test? Please Read. Anonymous   09/14/04 12:37 AM
. * Re: Scared to take the test? Please Read. Anonymous   09/10/04 06:33 PM
. * Re: Scared to take the test? Please Read. Anonymous   09/10/04 07:28 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1878

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3