The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

smokeparis

Reged: 06/06/03
Dating
      06/06/03 07:44 PM

Hi all. I first want to say that I came across this website by mistake and am EXTREMELY happy I did. It is amazing and helps a lot.

I'm 27 and recently moved back from Paris, France after living there 7 years because of a very unexpected diagnosis of HIV. Though I have finally gotten through the shock, pain, and finding a good doctor, I have a HUGE (and possibly superficial) question...how does one date being HIV +, especially in the Mid-west! Is it more manditory to tell someone before intimicy or is it better waiting? Do I live like I did before (which was a NON promiscious lifestyle) or does that all change now? Should I expect rejection...I guess I should... In any case, my friends in France believe that nothing should be said until a long-term relationship/commitment is about to be made (using safe safe sex all the way, of course). But wouldn't an HIV - person DIE if he found out that the last three to five months (or longer) were spent with an HIV + person, even if safe sex was practiced!?! Plus, isn't that illegal not to tell him? I've heard people in the States say that we should be up-front and forward from the beginning... I personally don't know, yet. Maybe it's a cultural thing (we've had a few lately..) or maybe just a personal choice?

Please tell me what you think. Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Dating smokeparis 06/06/03 07:44 PM
. * Re: Dating Anonymous   07/09/03 09:30 PM
. * Re: Dating dcyngpozsocials   06/18/03 07:04 PM
. * Re: Dating esquire   06/07/03 02:47 PM
. * Re: Dating Anonymous   06/06/03 08:08 PM
. * Re: Dating smokeparis   06/06/03 08:11 PM
. * Re: Dating Anonymous   06/09/03 04:27 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3264

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3