Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Gay Men

nctriangle

Reged: 04/28/02
help? advice?
      04/28/02 11:33 AM

Hi. I am HIV negative in a relationship with an HIV positive man. We are a young professional couple and have been together for almost two years and we found out that he was positive about a year after we started dating. It has been a rough year and I keep thinking it will get better, but it seems even harder. He is doing well health wise. He started meds after finding out his status and responded well to them. He seems to have adjusted to his status, but I have not. Where sex is concerned, I am very scared most of the time. We try safer sex, but often he convinces me to do things that I am not comfortable with. If I donít give in, he goes and cheats on me and makes me, the negative partner feel guilty that he had to go and do that. I love him, but donít feel this is a healthy relationship anymore and worry about my own health status. I have gotten tested several times this past year and still am negative. Why I am writing is to see if anyone knows of resources and support groups where one partner is negative and the other positive. We live in a large metro area, but after contacting several agencies and universities, they donít seem to have any groups or resources that can help us. In addition to that, my partner has forbid me to talk with anyone about this, so I have carried this own my own this year without talking it over with anyone. A year later, and I am still not sure what is safe or not. There is so much information out there, it is overwhelming and sometimes I would just like to know what others have done in similar situations. Thanks for any advice or info you can give or share. Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* help? advice? nctriangle 04/28/02 11:33 AM
. * Re: Safe-sex? [Dissident Scientific View] **DONOTDELETE**   04/30/02 03:12 AM
. * Re: Safe-sex? [Non-Dissident View] gregg629   04/30/02 02:21 PM
. * Re: help? advice? scottier   04/29/02 11:58 PM
. * Re: help? advice? shadow   04/29/02 11:33 PM
. * Re: help? advice? Anonymous   04/29/02 02:56 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2736

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3