Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Looking for HIV/AIDS Gay Men as Cool Friends
      07/25/13 05:31 AM

Not to come off as being an ass, but .... "maybe possibly more" ... I've never understood that in the gay community. It's a weird way of judging after I meet you kinda thing. So many gay/bisexual men use those terms for their casual sex encounter "maybe more" right through to searching for a long term relationship "friendship maybe more" ... if I want to be someones friend I don't want "maybes" invloved. A friendship is something built on common interests between two or more people, "maybe" always leaves a certain degree of not trusting, is that really what is needed in a friendship, to not trust each other. Sure it made for a cute song from Carly Rae Jepsen, but in a world of so much stigma and judging, seriously!

It's also that shallow way of saying we can be "friends with benefits" but only if I see what I like. It is so sad that the gay community (as other people too, I don't know) have to set out to judge before they ever meet anyone, to leave a loop-hole of sorts to bail out on a friendship ... why???

To leave physical measurements is that to ... what? ... no I won't be seen with someone 5'5" tall, 140 pounds .... no I can't share clothes with my friend because he's only a 30 inch waist ... so there is no use being friends with this individual!

I had mentioned once before that the gay community has struggled so much to be "equal" with the world, yet they are not equal with each other, the worst judging I have ever come across is in the gay community. It ranks right up there with using "clean or dirty" when refering to HIV.

I apologise if I appeared to pick at this persons post or pursue my soapbox rant on gay equality using this posters honest intentions on finding friends, but in this world, why can't anyone just reach their hand out and say "here I am I want to be your friend"?

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Looking for HIV/AIDS Gay Men as Cool Friends Bravew 07/14/13 06:00 PM
. * Re: Looking for HIV/AIDS Gay Men as Cool Friends anotherday   07/25/13 05:31 AM
. * Re: Looking for HIV/AIDS Gay Men as Cool Friends Fyodor   07/14/13 10:52 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3402

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3