The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

juju2089

Reged: 11/16/11
Toss that in with the rest...
      11/16/11 07:57 PM

Hi everyone, I'm 22 years old and living in the DFW area in Texas. I've been using thebody.com for information ever since I was diagnosed hiv positive december 21, 2010. I have for the most part accepted my diagnosis and am moving on and adapting now. I'm on meds; intellance and truvada; and my VL went down from 200k+ to 436 in only a month. I forget what my CD4 is at, i go back in tuesday so I'll find out then.

Anyway, I've just started dating again and met someone who is also positive who we seem to have quite the sparks flying between one another. We're taking everything slow and we're open with one another and just figuring each other out right now..

My issue though is that I have been dealing with syphilis for quite some time now and due to my severe allergy to penecillin it's been even more grueling. Luckily it's slowly getting better but as of today I was told that I also have genital herpes.

I understand that most of you are probably thining "oh my god, a giant bag of std's!" which I would agree. It's terrible. I made a very big mistake near the end of last year and got mixed up with crystal meth which led to a lot of unsafe behaviours. In any event..

I am just getting so overly frustrated with new things constantly popping up and I feel like now, not only do I have to come out to people as HIV positive but also as a herpes carrier. I know people can look past one.. but two things? I'm not entirely sure what I'm asking for just thoughts from anyone. Good words.. possibly advice or other peoples experiences that are similar to mine and how you coped?

Edited by juju2089 (11/16/11 08:04 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Toss that in with the rest... juju2089 11/16/11 07:57 PM
. * Re: Toss that in with the rest... BrianM   11/29/11 05:59 PM
. * Re: Toss that in with the rest... leatherboyaz   11/29/11 06:36 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1632

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3