Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

NcLongtermer

Reged: 03/17/11
Loc: North Carolina
Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh
      08/09/11 02:50 PM

Thank goodness HIV isn't what is was when I started this journey. During my early years all we had was AZT. We all know how bad that was for our bodies. Today, with a host of wonderful medications, it appears that I will leave a full life span.

Turning 56 years old this past week brought something I never saw coming. Being single since 1997, I am now wondering if love will come my way again. I sure hope so.

I am one of the most dependable, committed, disciplined (been told handsome and talented) men around. But, these qualities don't seem to be appealing to the HIV+ guys I meet. It's no longer about sex for me, but rather creating a nice home and a loving, nurturing relationship with a great guy.

Now that I am back in Raleigh, I am trying to find social outlets to meet other gay men. It isn't as easy as when I was 35. Not into the bar scene, so options are few.

I would like to hear how other guys in my situation are finding their soulmates.

Take care and let's live for the cure.
Michael

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh NcLongtermer 08/09/11 02:50 PM
. * Re: Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh Colorado   08/15/11 03:13 PM
. * Re: Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh NcLongtermer   02/07/12 03:54 PM
. * Re: Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh NcLongtermer   08/16/11 04:19 PM
. * Re: Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh njpozdad   01/13/12 12:10 PM
. * Re: Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh latino_mex   08/11/11 11:04 AM
. * Re: Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh njpozdad   01/13/12 12:12 PM
. * Re: Relationship desires of a 27 year long-termer in Raleigh NcLongtermer   08/16/11 04:33 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2385

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3