The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

alittlelost

Reged: 02/06/11
HIV Positive and Dating
      02/06/11 09:18 PM

I know this topic has been covered numerous times but I'm asking a slightly different variation so I apologize in advance for the similarity in questions. I as diagnosed almost 7 years ago. I'm on medicine and my viral load is undetectable and has been for a long time. My t-cells are good. I'm healthy and lead a very normal life. Dating has been very hard for me. I live in a rural part of the US. My fear isn't rejected in revealing my status to people, I just don't want the information shared with numerous people. Shortly after I found out I was positive, I had two very horrible experiences. Both people telling a lot of people about my status, people who had no business knowing. It freaked me out enough that my answer was to just stop dating. It's been 6 years and I'm not willing to just not date for the rest of my life. I'm 38. I think I'm a great person and would bring a lot to a relationship. I'm slowly putting myself back out there but I never know when the right time to reveal my status is and then I have flashbacks to the horrible incidents I had, I get scared and shut down. I know it's not healthy but I'm not sure how to get over this overwhelming speedbump. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, ideas, etc.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV Positive and Dating alittlelost 02/06/11 09:18 PM
. * Re: HIV Positive and Dating Bello1AmoreInMi   04/17/12 11:48 PM
. * Re: HIV Positive and Dating Bbi   02/09/11 05:11 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2253

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3