The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

southerncharm

Reged: 09/01/08
Residual feelings for Ex
      01/28/09 03:11 AM

So I met someone who piques my interest. We have had good conversations, but we haven't had the talk about status only because we haven't known each other that long. My Ex and I still talk all of the time and occasionally we slip back into our comfort zone and have sex ( we are both positive). But now that I am considering being open to dating someone else I feel that I can't have my cake and eat it too ( in terms of still fooling around with my ex). I truly love my ex, but there have been so many rocky moments with us an distrust and just drama, and I don't want that anymore. He says he has changed and in order to be in a relationship with him again I have to have faith that he really has.
Timing has never been on our side. We found out about our status weeks after we got into a spat and broke up. We got back together and we were doing well, but then I went thru a bout of depression and we had another falling out. He started seeing someone else and I am at a point now that I am not ready to be vulnerable with him again. But I haven't resolved the feelings that I have for him.
I don't want to be irresponsible and start a relationship with someone new when all of these feelings are ever-present, but as of now it is nothing serious and I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that I am ready to move on.
BUT...how do I get out of this limbo phase. My ex expresses the willingness to give a relationship another try and I am tempted to give it another go, but when I think about the rollercoaster that relationship can be I am not sure.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Residual feelings for Ex southerncharm 01/28/09 03:11 AM
. * Re: Residual feelings for Ex pozversstud   01/29/09 08:08 AM
. * Re: Residual feelings for Ex Toto   01/28/09 11:46 PM
. * Re: Residual feelings for Ex Btony   01/28/09 06:50 AM
. * Re: Residual feelings for Ex sick_of_fuckwits   01/28/09 06:04 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5780

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3