The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Nathan
Regular

Reged: 09/15/07
Loc: LA
New city, New job, New HIV status...too much.
      09/17/07 03:25 AM

Okay,
So... I am 4 days into knowing I am positive, 5 months in a new part of the country and obviously in a new job.
I have made a couple of friends, feeling things out in a new city, trying to plant roots and to start a new chapter...

Well... Didn't expect my newest chapter to start with such conflict.
I am for the most part feeling alone, confused and definitely in denial. The world is spinning past me. I am supposed to be in my prime... 31 yrs old, fit, good looking, intelligent and finally getting ahead financially.... THIS is not what I am "supposed" to be dealing with.... . I have reached out to 2 friends... both have been incredibly supportive. I have taken off some time from work, and I get the "other blood work back next friday".... I know there is a possibility of me not having to go on meds right a way, but I am completely ignorant as to what the numbers and the tests will actually mean. I am grateful for this website and the people on it.
Everyone's honesty is powerful and I am encouraged by everyones strength. But I am not confident yet, that I am that strong. I am terrified.
This may not be the chapter that "I would have written", but is the one that I am in the midst of. I do have control over how I handle the information given to me, I just hope I can overcome my fears and move forward and keep my hope and faith that I will be okay.

I would love to meet with people in my area that are going through the same thing, so if you are young and recently diagnosed, please say hi.

P.S. If anyone has any reading material that is good for "beginners"... I would really appreciate it.

gratefully,
me

--------------------
At the end of the day, we are measured by our actions, not our intentions.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. Nathan 09/17/07 03:25 AM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. MRoss   10/11/07 07:33 PM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. Nathan   10/17/07 12:33 AM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. haiau1   09/26/07 10:54 PM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. Nathan   09/27/07 12:39 AM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. jadedsaint   09/17/07 10:46 PM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. Florida69   09/18/07 08:51 AM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. Nathan   09/19/07 12:01 AM
. * Re: New city, New job, New HIV status...too much. Nathan   09/18/07 02:20 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8422

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3