Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

zehava71
New User

Reged: 02/12/07
Beginnings of Relationship, with Pos/Neg scenario
      02/12/07 05:02 PM

Hi all....this is my first post as I'm wrestling with a possible new relationship with a negative man.....I am positive and have disclosed my status to him a few weeks back.....we now seem to be in a grey area in terms of dating.....he told me a week after I told him I was positive that he had been freaking out thinking about sex with me.....to this point we have not had sex and have only kissed......he tells me I'm the perfect man for him, I feel the same about him.....I want to give him space to take this all in and really think about having a relationship with me and all that would entail....at this point we have had several great dates with each other since he told me he freaked.....but at the end of each date he keeps apologizing and saying how sorry he is and that he doesn't want to lead me on but he just doesn't know what he wants.....I've tried to keep my feelings in check, but at what point do I press him to come to a decision on the matter.....I've printed up some great resources from this website so far on HIV transmission issues for Pos/Neg couples and I'm planning on giving them to him so he can make an educated decision on the matter once and for all....its so scary putting your heart in someone else's care, but I feel like I will only get hurt worse the longer I let him drag it out.....so far he has communicated to me that he is scared that even practicing safe sex that if the condom breaks (which he has had happen to him in the past) that he would get infected.....so, I think with all the information I've collected from this website hopefully he can make an informed decision......bouncing this off others, am I making a good choice by taking this information to him?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Beginnings of Relationship, with Pos/Neg scenario zehava71 02/12/07 05:02 PM
. * Re: Beginnings of Relationship, with Pos/Neg scenario jdsk8r   02/25/07 12:05 PM
. * Re: Beginnings of Relationship, with Pos/Neg scenario bub   02/19/07 07:55 PM
. * Re: Beginnings of Relationship, with Pos/Neg scenario Survivor   02/12/07 08:04 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4872

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3