Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

MRoss

Reged: 02/10/07
Loc: PA. U.S.A.
Truely amazed..
      02/10/07 10:31 PM

Hi people,
I may not be the brightest bulb, however (being a newbee here) i must say wow.. amazing how lightly becoming, or being poz effects some individuals, seems like just another day in a dept. store.. n/bs. We don't know the long term affect of taking the majority of these a.v., and nuc. drugs. yes there has been great advances in medications, and t-ment options, however this casual attitude towards sex, gay or str8, and b.b., we need to realize were still having sex w/ everyone they've had sex with and what about this "DRUG RESISTANCE" infection. If were engaging in unprotected, and both are poz and different cocktails, and no ones saying anything then we come immuned to all the meds. and were creating mulitiple strains of the Human Immume Diffency Syndrome. I'm very passionate about educating, and trying to get the knowledge out, ... we've come along way in 27+ yrs. no doubt, and much more to do. I think of the dear friends which have been lost in this epidemic who I refer to as pioneers. With-out them, their efforts where would we be today. My journey with this epidemic start 25 + yrs ago after testing poz. I believe today H.I.V. / A.I.D.S. is still now if not more so an epidemic with the attitude that oh, well a pill wil fix it and this attitude frightens me.. medications will work for awhile, maybe yrs. as with me, ahhh, then a med change.. wake up in your own feeses for awhile (reality). Then maybe reality will set in.. it's so simple to not become infected, rather then too put oneself, loved ones, friends and family "The unknown" and again the reality is unknown, everything can look wonderful in you chart, and situations will occur. Educating oneself is so important. The sad thing is the long term affects medications have. I'm not here to anger anyone, or pass judgement on anyone, were going to do what we want regardless. However, in most areas non-disclosure to a partner is a criminal offense. Get the facts, be responsible, be accountable, accept the consequenses whatever they maybe.
Mark

--------------------
M. Ross

Edited by MRoss (02/10/07 11:06 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Truely amazed.. MRoss 02/10/07 10:31 PM
. * Re: Truely amazed.. MRoss   02/10/07 11:07 PM
. * Re: Truely amazed.. planonstaying   03/11/07 05:49 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3169

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3