The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Anonymous
Unregistered

early hiv, worried
      08/15/01 07:19 PM

Hi folks, just wondering if you guys who are HIV+ out there can remember when you first got infected, if you experienced any of the suite of symptoms known as acute retroviral syndrome (ARS, also called AVS acute viral syndrome). This means, sore throat, fever, muscle & joint aches, swollen lymph glands, fatigue, also a rash.

I ask cuz about 7 weeks ago I did a stupid thing and was a top in unprotected anal sex. I think I may have been exposed to a previous guy's semen who had already unloaded into the guy I was doing. I'm so worried now. Haven't really had the ARS symptoms (no flu-like symptoms), except last week I started getting a rash. I can't tell if the rash is from ARS, or maybe the heatwave (it was HOT last week), or maybe even a food allergy. Rash is going away now tho. Also, maybe the lymph nodes are *slightly* tender, not by much tho. Otherwise I feel fine.

But I am so worried. I am going to get tested at 8 weeks. I hope hope hope I am okay.

So as you can see guys, if any of you can share your experiences, your symptoms from what you can remember. I just want to know how ARS has affected you (if at all).

Many thanks guys. --worrywart

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* early hiv, worried Anonymous 08/15/01 07:19 PM
. * Re: early hiv, worried kl85   08/29/01 08:32 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3691

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3