The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

SCARED2DEATH

Reged: 01/15/01
SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND
      01/15/01 06:37 PM

So here is yet another account of risky activity followed by agonizing neuroses that I can't shake. In the month of December I had four instances of receptive oral sex without ejaculation. Being gay, I am in a high risk population. The first two had either no or very little precum, but I'm not sure.(asked one of them his status, he said negative) The third I had a fair amount of exposure to precum, but he did say he was tested recently and he was negative. Then the fourth, performed oral sex on him, I know there was precum, and AFTER the fact, asked him his status: he told me he was POSITIVE. And I had brushed my teeth an hour before this happened. Totally freaked out, got an MD friend to prescribe the post-exposure prophylaxis regimen for a high risk exposure. (Zerit, Viramune and Videx, 14 days) I know the regimen, I work in HIV. Couldn't take a chance. So then I did the regimen, and approximately a week after the last exposure, developed a low-grade fever, 99.6 at the highest, though I think this could be due to anxiety. Also on the same day devloped a lesion on my chest that lasted for a week. Went to my doctor, who said the seroconversion rash had more than one lesion, looked like a fungal infection. Then last week I developed a kind-of sore throat for one day...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! I'm going crazy, am I seroconverting? I have found one case report of oral transmission without ejaculation. I'm driving myself crazy. What do you think? What are the odds? Does anyone know anecdotally of a case of oral transmssion? Should I do the PCR at one month? PLEASE, SOMEBODY, GIVE ME AN HONEST ANSWER AS TO WHAT YOU THINK MY RISK IS AND THE SYMPTOMS I'VE EXPERIENCED...............

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND SCARED2DEATH 01/15/01 06:37 PM
. * Time to enter the real world! Anonymous   02/23/01 01:07 PM
. * Re:No risk to swollowing cum Anonymous   03/22/01 05:59 PM
. * Re: SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND Anonymous   01/21/01 05:21 PM
. * Re: SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND Anonymous   01/19/01 12:00 PM
. * Re: SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND Anonymous   01/17/01 05:36 PM
. * Wake up, airhead princealbert   01/15/01 11:35 PM
. * Re: Wake up, airhead Anonymous   01/19/01 12:06 PM
. * Re: Wake up, airhead Anonymous   01/21/01 05:48 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6121

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3