The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Unregistered

Worried About Oral Sex
      11/10/04 01:09 PM

Hi Folks

I have spent the last 3months of my life in complete stress and anxiety. And now I'm looking for some answers from real people who know first hand.

My risk was unprotected oral sex with no ejaculation, both sucking and getting sucked.
I never know that there was a risk for HIV until I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic thinking that after ten years of anonymous oral sex encounters at bath houses I should check to see what I was doing is safe.

I immediately went to my office and on to Google and found some ugly information that freaked the hell out of me.
The very next day I went and had an HIV test from my family Dr. and waited two of the longest weeks to find out I was negative.

The unfortunate part is, while I was waiting for my results I was thinking the worst and realized that I did not wait the 3month window period.

I went to a male STD clinic and they told me not to worry that I was fine and did not have HIV and there was not need to test, but they did recommend a test for the other STD's and they were all negative.

Not being to put this out of my head I went back to the clinic and they recommended that I see a Psychiatrist and my problem was guilt and fear of knowing my sexuality.

I was ready to fly to the US for on of those rapid tests and everyone I talked to told me to save my money and get back to my life.

I must have called the San Francisco city clinic a hundred times and sent Dr. Jeffery d Kluasner an email and even he suggested to get on with my life.

when I found this web site and started reading through the forums it seems like there are allot of guys who claim they have been infected from oral sex.

Who is telling the truth, the Doctors , Scientists , counsellors . Or the people out there having oral sex.

Can someone with real expeirence and thoughts about this please get back to me.
I feel like a big enough idiot for not knowing the facts, so I really do not want to hear anyone rub it in. we all make errors.

Thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Worried About Oral Sex 6969 11/10/04 01:09 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex Anonymous   11/06/05 03:12 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex Anonymous   03/23/05 02:41 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex stevetrip   12/14/04 02:08 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex Anonymous   11/21/04 09:56 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex Anonymous   12/05/05 01:38 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex Anonymous   11/16/04 03:12 AM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex Anonymous   11/12/04 07:04 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex Anonymous   11/14/04 02:15 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex syrpix   01/27/05 12:55 PM
. * Re: Worried About Oral Sex 6969   11/17/04 04:13 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6589

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3