Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> Coping With HIV

Atheena
Regular

Reged: 02/22/10
Loc: Texas
Postive update on me!
      07/03/10 01:25 PM

I posted back on May 13, 2010 under Living With HIV and wanted to give all an update. Even when all seems lost when you reach out for help, help will arrive. However, I had to be patient and fight for what I wanted. I just could not sit there and wait for things to come to me anymore.

The advice I received from the people and experts on The Body and HIVchat.org, I am doing so much better today. Was just accepted (June 29, 2010) into the Fitness Program at Legacy with information from Nelson Vergel one of the experts under Nutrition and Exercise here on The Body. He also gave me information on a Nutritional Counselor at Houston Buyers Club. If it was not for Bartleby I would never had contacted Nelson Vergel. Thank you Bartleby (you saved a life today)! I did find a Psychologist on my own and I am so happy to be a patient of hers. She is so understanding and is giving me a great deal of comfort and support that I need right now. She does not know much about HIV but she does know about Depression, Anxiety Attacks, and Relationship Issues. Just a side note, I am always doing research on clinic trials to do with medicines, nutrients, steroids etc people use and the side effect which I was telling her about it. She said whatever you are reading if you do not mind, I would love to get copies. I was so happy she is showing great interest and wanting to understand.

Therefore, with constant phone calls, going to fill out paperwork, seeing a case worker and e-mails I have set up my own program that works for me. It was not easy because I had to be patient. I was feeling such despair I was considering on end everything, I truly did not think I would find help in time. However, I prayed God would give me patients and find the right people to send my way. He does answer prayers!

This is my program today.

Nutrition Counselor – set up meal plan for me according to my fitness program. I will see once a month at no charge. Since I filled out paperwork with Legacy and I met the income criteria for Houston Buyers Club, my visits are paid by Ryan White Foundation). (June 17, 2010)

Personal Trainer – set up a fitness program to my needs. He is a great individual with a wonderful spirit and the other patients in the gym are awesome people. I am set up for 6 weeks at 3 times a week. When the six week ends, I can continue another 6 weeks if I need to (did not meet Legacy income criteria in this particular program, which I do not mind the fee they are asking for at all). Depending on the results (fat redistribution), I may consider changing my meds but I really feel the proper diet, exercise and mental support will help me where I need to be. (June 29, 2010 Orientation – program started June 30, 2010).

Psychologist – Seeing her once a week and letting her know what I am feeling deep down inside so she can guide me through this gray area of my life. But to get results I have let go, open up, and trust her so she can help me. (June 18, 2010)

Infectious Disease Doctor – specialty HIV I see him every 3 months and will continue to see him unless I decide I want to change meds and he is against it then I will seek out another HIV Doctor. (Since 1999)

I just want people to know that even in the darkest of your life if you seriously reach out to people they will reach right back to you. So do not give up on yourself and do what will make you healthy and happy. Moreover, fight for what you want just do not lay there waiting for it to come to you. This is what I did and I almost gave up on life because of it.

Thank you for having this site so I can tell my story.
God bless everyone.
Athena

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Postive update on me! Atheena 07/03/10 01:25 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2143

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement