Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

mandaree23

Reged: 07/10/08
Loc: Texas
Need help understanding my positive boyfriend
      07/10/08 09:08 PM

I am new here and looking for help. I have been dating my boyfriend for almost a year, he was diagnosed about 3 years ago. I have been very supportive and tried to research as much as I can and still just need help from those who may better understand. The biggest thing is marriage........YES! the dreaded "M" word. First of all, you would have to understand his past. He's a retired baseball player, 39 years old and has never been married or blessed with children. He obviously has had his fair share of women and never wanted to settle down. He has never been ready to get married until he met me and we have picked out a ring and he's paying on it. I know he can go get it at any given time but I feel like he's stalling. I know some of his anxiety is the same as anyone who is 39 and never entertained the idea. BUT, I have to wonder if there's more to it than that. I have three children that he adores and loves very much. He says things like I am in love with a dying man, he will leave me everything he has, that he can die knowing he finally found a best friend in me, etc. He's doing very well and is undetectable. I just wonder where all these things are coming from and wonder if he's scared of dying and what it will do to me. I sometimes feel like he's trying to give me reasons to give up on him and leave him. I love him and want to be able to understand and try to help him. Can someone please help me?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Need help understanding my positive boyfriend mandaree23 07/10/08 09:08 PM
. * Re: Need help understanding my positive boyfriend mandaree23   07/26/08 11:51 PM
. * Re: Need help understanding my positive boyfriend Samurai   07/23/08 12:03 AM
. * Re: Need help understanding my positive boyfriend Ops_guy   07/18/08 01:12 PM
. * Re: Need help understanding my positive boyfriend Ryan1980   07/18/08 08:45 AM
. * Re: Need help understanding my positive boyfriend zenrobby   07/17/08 01:25 PM
. * hi there Toto   07/17/08 11:37 AM
. * Re: Need help understanding my positive boyfriend franfrog   07/11/08 09:29 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6371

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement