Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV drugs and pregnancy
      03/28/01 02:03 PM

Hi there,
I've been reading through the posts and hope that I am not intruding with my post here. I am doing research for a film on antiretroviral drug treatments for HIV pregnant women and for children. When I started I thought that the options were clear and obvious but I have come across so many different viewpoints. I have met several families who have taken the treatments and decided to stop because of the lack of research on long term side effects. I have met parents whose children have died (officially) of AIDS, but who feel that deaths were actually caused by side effects of the drugs. I have met parents whose doctors insisted that enrolling their children in drug trials was imperative, despite the parents' reluctance. I have met parents who have taken the treatments, and/or given them to their children and felt that this has made all the difference in saving their lives. I have also read hundreds of studies on the different treatments, most positive, but quite a few negative; and guidelines on drug treatments which seem to change every day, which must make parents' decisions about treatments that much more difficult.

If anybody out would like to share their experience with me, good, bad, happy, angry, confused, etc, I would very much like to hear from you. Although I've talked with a lot of doctors about this, most doctors aren't taking the meds and don't have firsthand experience with this. If you would like to email me privately, my address is jeffa67@hotmail.com.

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to read this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV drugs and pregnancy Anonymous 03/28/01 02:03 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1682

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3