The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Queenster

Reged: 06/19/09
EXPIRED HIV MEDICINES
      07/23/09 10:19 AM

Hiya all, is so sad in some part of the World like Africa more especially Ghana where expired drugs are given to hiv positive people. I don't know which organisation or how the drugs gets to Ghana, but it is so bad to give expired drugs persons living with this deadly and dangerous disease like HIV.

I take Nevirapine, Lamivudine & Zidovudine tablets which already does not help my Liver Enlargement but what option do i have than to take them like that and wait for the day God will finally say "my daughter all is over, come home" and I will go.

I'm so worried and sad that already this sickness has no cure and some health practitioners still encourage us to take expired drugs. One day I was about to take my drugs and something said go over the container and read what is written there. I started reading then lo and behold I saw that one of the drugs has expired since April, 2009 and the other one is about to expire in October, 2009. I became very sad and frighten. I call the Health practitioner and She told me I shouldn't worry I can still take them but my follow ladies and gentlemen all over the World, I am not comfortable with the drugs especially with my liver enlargement. My biggest problem is what about those illiterates who can not read, how will they know the drugs are expired? Africaaaaaaa ooh God. Already you can't discuss your status with anyone and can't share this problems with any one. Why?

Please the question is: Is it advicable to really continue taking those drugs? What can I also do to help reduce the burns I always have around my chest? Please I need your help and if there's another way of getting them to stop giving us expired drugs please help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* EXPIRED HIV MEDICINES Queenster 07/23/09 10:19 AM
. * Re: EXPIRED HIV MEDICINES antibody   07/29/09 12:54 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3171

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3