Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

pozartistsd
Regular

Reged: 01/04/08
Loc: San Diego, CA
dosing schedule adjustment
      02/28/08 07:07 PM

hey all you experts out there! I think i may know the answer to this but would like to get some input:

I currently take my meds (Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir) once a day. I take them at 9am (with breakfast, not that you need to know that ) I would like to change my dosing time to noon (with lunch, wink)

In lieu of letting time lapse and therefore having reduced levels of the drugs in my blood for 3 hours, do you think it would be harmful (or an option) to take my normal 9am dose, then take another dose midway between 9am and 12 noon the next day (7.5 hours later) or at 4:30a, then at 12noon the same day? I realize i may experience side effects (i've experienced very few and all have subsided now). Would it be better to just ween myself up to the new dosing time of noon? In other words take my dose a half hour later each day till i reached noon? I heard there is a 2 hour window in which you may take your meds without fear of developing resistance. I know i'm way overthinking this!!!! I've been 100% compliant so far - I started anti-retroviral therapy 8 months ago.

also another weird (related) thought:
If your body has a higher level of drugs in it than the normal per-24-hour dose, does the virus "get used to" this higher level of medication so that when the drug level returns to "normal" the virus could somehow take advantage of this "lull"???? I know, too much time on my hands!!!
thanks for your input and i will also take it up with my healthcare professionals and maybe with the drs here at thebody, but i'll wait to hear from you guys first as i don't want to end up on the "strange-but-true" list next time!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* dosing schedule adjustment pozartistsd 02/28/08 07:07 PM
. * Re: dosing schedule adjustment pozartistsd   03/03/08 04:13 AM
. * Re: dosing schedule adjustment Choosing2Liv   03/04/08 04:51 PM
. * Re: dosing schedule adjustment impoz   03/06/08 08:10 AM
. * Re: dosing schedule adjustment pozartistsd   03/04/08 06:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8867

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3