The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Obvious1

Reged: 03/12/12
Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative
      03/13/12 01:34 AM

In January My boyfriend of 4 yrs, and father of our daughter whom is 2, was diagnosed HIV+. A little history. In March of 09, he was diagnosed with Hep B. 3 months prior to that he had a tattoo cover up from a friend in his home. The Drs. feel he may have contracted Hep B from the tattoo. Fast forward to January of this yr and he went to the Dr for stomach pain and was diagnosed with Gallstones, and they wanted to run a HIV test if agreed and he did and came back Positive. His RNA PCR copies on 1/26 were 38463, then on 3/1 after starting treatment 943.
His CD4 on 1/26 was 27 and on 3/1 was 24. CD4+ 1/26 372, and 3/1 610.
He is feeling great. The first week on the treatment of Atripla he had side effects that drove him crazy but now he doing wonderful.
I have been negative and get tested yearly. besides in 09 while I was pregnant I was tested 2xs. All negative. I will get another test again next month just to be on the safe side, per Drs. order..
My concern now is the future. I am so confused if I can continue my life with this man knowing he is positive. As for now I love him and want to be there for support. We have talked about this and he has days where he feels he should just walk away and let me find someone else. I think of this sometimes too but we have a good relationship and we do have a child together. I could use advice or insite on those who are negative or with a negative partner and how you go about everything. The Dr. told me its still really risky to have sex. I have been scared to do so even with protection. Then there are days where I think we will protect ourselves, and if I get it, I get it. I think I need therapy lol

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative Obvious1 03/13/12 01:34 AM
. * Re: Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative Lovinlost   11/09/12 10:08 PM
. * Re: Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative riverprincessModerator   03/15/12 06:22 PM
. * Re: Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative DJones   03/14/12 09:43 AM
. * Re: Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative RunningScared   03/13/12 07:41 PM
. * Re: Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative riverprincessModerator   03/14/12 09:26 AM
. * Re: Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative riverprincessModerator   03/13/12 08:49 AM
. * Re: Newly diagnosed HIV+ BF and me Negative Obvious1   03/15/12 02:15 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4693

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement