Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Reged: 02/19/08
I am the caregiver of a disabled adult who has HIV
      02/20/08 12:18 AM

I am the guardian of a disabled adult who is HIV positive. I am HIV negative. I never thought I would land up with a person who had HIV living in my home. I always said to myself I would never let someone with HIV live in my home. Over time I changed and I am happy to have this person in my home. It is hard to see a person get sick when they do not understand many things. I can say the government has helped out so much in helping me take care of this person. You can have a happy life even if you are HIV positive. Some things have to change. People often think I have HIV because there is a person in the home who is HIV positive. This happened to me at my last job and I had to leave. I never knew that people are so scared of people with HIV in 2008. People are afraid to be around you if they think you have it. If you are HIV postive you face a huge amount of discrimination at your job. If they think you have HIV they do not want to hire you because of the cost of your healthcare. I hope in the years to come people with HIV will not be discriminated against anymore. I am happy to have a HIV postive person in my home.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I am the caregiver of a disabled adult who has HIV 28262 02/20/08 12:18 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2549

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement