The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure
      07/01/06 08:18 AM

I have a brother whom I am very close with and love dearly. He was diagnosed with HIV 2 years ago and is still not on meds. His viral load is between 50k and 80k and cd4 around 350, I think. Anyway, He has been dating a girl for six months and I asked him if he disclosed and he said he just can not do it. He is too afraid to lose her. They already have a rocky relationship and I do think she might leave him too for the fact that he has been lying to her about this for six months. He says he always uses condoms. I asked him what about oral, and he said yes to that too. But I do not believe that one bit. Why would she use condoms for oral? She was married for the last 20 years with 3 kids. If she was anything like me, I did not know anything or even think about HIV until I found out about my brother. Anyway, we have had this talk 20 times and he refuses to disclose and said he will never speak to me again if I do... I know he is scared, but now I am so worried about her and also can he get in trouble with the law? I checked with our health department in Massachusetts and they told me it is up to everyone to protect theirselves and not take someone's word. Is this true? I keep hearing about people getting in trouble for non disclosure. I don't know what to do and I feel so guilty. Can I get in trouble?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous 07/01/06 08:18 AM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure SA_Intellect   07/17/06 04:14 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous   07/01/06 12:39 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous   07/01/06 10:31 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous   07/02/06 09:44 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Survivor   07/01/06 10:54 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5019

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement