Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

ithoughtaboutyou

Reged: 05/25/02
I Thought About You: a unique memorial project
      05/25/02 07:59 AM

Hello,

I Thought that visitors to this bulletin board might find a remembrance and memorial project being conducted for The International AIDS Conference in Barcelona of particular interest.

I Thought About You, an official program of the XIV International AIDS Conference, is a public project which will gather people's memories of loved ones lost to AIDS and document the memories and the locations where they occurred to reveal the stories and emotions contained by seemingly anonymous areas throughout Barcelona. I Thought About You will begin with public submissions of memories from June 1-21, with the full project coinciding with the conference from July 7-12, 2002.

The project will begin on June 1 with a series of public campaigns to invite residents, visitors and individuals worldwide to submit a memory or moment in their lives, tied to a particular location in Barcelona and involving someone who has been lost to AIDS. A specially designed map of the city created from the submissions, documenting the locations and the memories they contain, will be distributed throughout Barcelona and to members of the Conference from July 7-12. A series of plaques will also be placed at selected locations. Each plaque will bear an excerpt of that location's memory to allow "incidental participants" - people who come across the project by chance - to take part in it and discover that their day-to-day activities may involve areas which hold special meaning for people whose lives have been touched by AIDS.

I Thought About You encourages people to submit personal memories of loved ones lost to AIDS which are connected to locations in Barcelona via the project website: http://www.ithoughtaboutyou.com. Memories involving other cities and locations can also be submitted. Following the conference, the website will be expanded to allow site-specific memories of those lost to AIDS to be shared globally.

For additional information, contact:
scott@ithoughtaboutyou.com

http://www.ithoughtaboutyou.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I Thought About You: a unique memorial project ithoughtaboutyou 05/25/02 07:59 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 879

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3