Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

helpseeker
Unregistered

Verification of Primary Acute HIV infection.
      04/05/00 04:08 PM

Hello,

I may have contracted HIV through an unusual encounter (not via Sex nor Drugs nor blood)in April 1999. Refer to the URL for the story.
http://bbs.thebody.com/eshare/server?action=150&board=45&article=433

Shortly, from 10 to 16 May, I had a bad throat, runny nose, slight cough, felt very tired and feverish for about 7 days.
Beginning 17 May 99, my leg's muscles/joints (the area/muscle behind the kneecap) emitted a "pulling" effect. It is painful when I walk. In addition, my thighs and calf do feel tired & numb. I need to exert more strength when I walk.

Sometimes, my neck feels stiff (I can "feel" that the veins are "bloating"/"twitching") and areas around my armpit give me the inflamed/swollen and "tingling" sensation, these are still happening even today, 21 May 99. All these happen within 1 month after the "exposure".

Can someone(having experienced) please tell me if such are the symptoms of the Acute Primary HIV infection. Can lymph nodes be found at the muscle (behind the kneecap)? How do swollen/tender lymph nodes really feel like? Do they exhibit the same characteristics I've just mentioned? How long will such illness lasts?

I do seek your help. Thanks.

helpseeker
21 May 99

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Verification of Primary Acute HIV infection. helpseeker 04/05/00 04:08 PM
. * Re: Verification of Primary Acute HIV infection. Anonymous   04/05/00 04:09 PM
. * Re: Verification of Primary Acute HIV infection. Sonja   04/05/00 04:11 PM
. * Re: Verification of Primary Acute HIV infection. helpseeker   04/05/00 04:12 PM
. * Re: Verification of Primary Acute HIV infection. helpseeker   04/05/00 04:10 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6607

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3