The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

dmb147

Reged: 10/17/11
Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help
      10/17/11 11:57 AM

I just told someone who I had unprotected sex with about 24 hours ago that I am positive and she is freaking out, I am very worried about being prosecuted. Couple things:
I live in NYC
I didn't cum/orgasm
I asked her for a condom and she didn't provide one
I am undetectable
I have had it for about 6 months

I really really hope that she doesn't press charges, and that she doesn't get infected but right now she is panicking and telling me things like "my life is over" and "you stole my life from me,"

I really screwed up, I know that. That is the first unprotected sex I've had since I found out, and I know it was selfish. I just couldnt bare to tell her after knowing her for only a week, as I was afraid she'd look at me differently. What can I do in this situation and what should I be prepared for? Is it possible that I will get arrested? What will happen if she presses charges? I looked at the NY law on the Positive Justice manual, and it's pretty vague....

One last thing --- she is a good and kind person, from what I have gathered from getting to know her. I don't think she would try to prosecute me and I'm thinking she is only panicking right now, but I"m still EXTREMELY concerned right now...

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help dmb147 10/17/11 11:57 AM
. * Re: Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help Kriss   11/05/11 09:16 PM
. * Re: Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help new2this2010   11/01/11 11:52 AM
. * Re: Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help Doc64   10/22/11 08:08 PM
. * Re: Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help Florida69   11/02/11 04:37 PM
. * Re: Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help bartlebyAdministrator   10/18/11 04:57 PM
. * Re: Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help alive2   10/17/11 02:51 PM
. * Re: Worried about criminal prosecution PLEASE help cunta_stalwart   10/18/11 06:50 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5361

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3