Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Since4Ever

Reged: 12/17/06
Loc: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Long-time v. Newer Positive Status
      12/19/06 12:27 PM

There was a question of what was the hardest part of living with a virus.

I'm interested in how people feel about it who seroconverted after it was known what it was and how to avoid it versus those who seroconverted before it was identified.

I have a feeling I know where I got it but there's no resentment or anything because none of us knew there was anything to get, much less that it was potentially fatal. I'm also from the Elizabeth Glaser school of though that it's better to fix the problem than to fix the blame.

I guess I'm mainly interested in how the answers to the question "what is the hardest part of living with a virus" differ between people who crossed over before the illness or its transmission was identified versus those who converted recently.

Originally, it was pretty much seen as a death sentence since death was one of the cases' hallmarks, and as time went on the view changed more and more to "potentially fatal but frequently manageable" chronic condition. I think this might influence the answers to the original question by the two diffferent groups.

I know there must have been a "gray area" in there too where it might have been better known in our larger gayer cities, and among populations that were more commonly affected.

Any thoughts?

--------------------
Cheers,
Since4Ever

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Long-time v. Newer Positive Status Since4Ever 12/19/06 12:27 PM
. * Re: Long-time v. Newer Positive Status ScotCharles   12/19/06 08:20 PM
. * Re: Long-time v. Newer Positive Status Since4Ever   12/20/06 09:28 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2425

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3