The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

exitrow

Reged: 10/18/05
THE DRUGS WORK!
      12/05/05 01:20 PM

I recently started taking Sustiva and Truvada after my numbers dropped significantly in October. I was very hesistant and wasn't prepared to enter the next stage, a major step, in this disease. I was fortunate not to encounter many of the horrific side effects I heard about. I did and still do struggle with a new found depression, but I keep it at bay by keeping myself as busy as possible! Starting the drugs was a major battle of my mind over matter. I celebrated my birthday in November and went on a 2 week drinking binge, which I'm fully aware isn't the best accompanying diet for these INTENSE drugs! Fortunately, I simmered down and visited my doc last week to get my latest test results! My liver and kidneys look great! My CD4 has more than doubled and my Viral Load has dropped to 458!!! The first time in the two years of dealing wiith this disease that my viral load didn't end in "thousand!" I know it doesn't mean I'm cured or that I'm free to do what I damn well please, but it has given me a shimmer of hope that things will be ok, or at least they're not as bad I think. I just hope that this is the first of a plentitude of good news in this new stage of my disease! Thank you again to all for your words of encouragement and advice to give me the courage to begin the medications in the first place. It's comforting to know I'm not alone!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* THE DRUGS WORK! exitrow 12/05/05 01:20 PM
. * Re: THE DRUGS WORK! Aussienurse   12/17/05 04:52 PM
. * Re: THE DRUGS WORK! soimnotalone   12/09/05 02:53 PM
. * Re: THE DRUGS WORK! M1CHAEL   12/07/05 10:27 PM
. * Right Behind you Buddy! Survivor   12/06/05 11:17 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2065

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3