The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Anonymous
Unregistered

Help w/HIV & lymph node/cancer info...
      02/25/05 03:56 AM

I've been poz almost 9 years (diagnosed 8 years ago) and on meds since May '97 and have always been healthy and asymptomatic. On my quarterly trip to the doctor last week he found that my right axillary lymph node is swollen "a little to big for his liking" and has referred me to a surgeon. Also, he said the area around it is "fluid-filled", which somehow I failed to notice. It's like a big, soft mountain under my arm. I have no idea how long I've had it. It doesn't hurt or bother me at all. It only hurt when he pushed way deep inside at the lymph node itself. It's also the only swollen lymph node on my body (which I've been reading on the net is more worrisome for some reason than having a set of nodes or systemic swelling). I'm terrified, with all the cancers HIVer's are getting, that this is cancer (especially non-Hodgkin's lymphoma). Does anyone have any similar experiences to relate regarding all of this? I'm totally aniety ridden and don't think I could handle cancer on top of HIV. My appointment with the surgeon isn't until 3/10/05, so my anxiety just keeps rising and rising. Any help? Feedback? Thanks so much...and stay healthy!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Help w/HIV & lymph node/cancer info... Anonymous 02/25/05 03:56 AM
. * Re: Help w/HIV & lymph node/cancer info... Anonymous   09/09/05 09:06 PM
. * Re: Help w/HIV & lymph node/cancer info... Jessie   02/26/05 05:25 PM
. * Re: Help w/HIV & lymph node/cancer info... RimPigFL   02/25/05 10:04 AM
. * Re: Help w/HIV & lymph node/cancer info... Basquo   02/25/05 11:56 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3583

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3