The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Alexander
Unregistered

Peripheral Neuropathy - L-Carnetine
      10/29/04 01:25 AM

Greetings! Just thought I would post the following info, it is based strictly on my personal experience and is not a recommendation.

I am a long-term survivor(21 years) and in general good health. Last year I successfully complete a course of Chemo for Non-Hodgkins Lyphoma. In March 2004 I began to experience numbeness/tingling in my lower legs and most profuoundly in my arms and hands. A muscle biopsy confirmed Mitocondrial Toxicity and Trizivir was stopped to to remove the AZT component.

Efforts wtih Nortriptyline were reasoanble, but not totatlly effective and the mental effect too powerful. In September, 2004 I was introduced by our local Treatments Officer to L-Carnetine and have used it now for one month, 1500mg AM/PM. My personal experience with this has been exceptional, it has worked a treat. The neuropathy has reduced by up over 85% at a guess, circulation improved and energy levels increased. So, in my mind, this is a winner and should be considered as a treatment for those suffering from Periperal NeuropathyMyopathy issues.

Trust this is of some assistance. Thanks to TheBody.com for a fantastic service. Cheers.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Peripheral Neuropathy - L-Carnetine Alexander 10/29/04 01:25 AM
. * Re: Peripheral Neuropathy - L-Carnetine Jessie   11/03/04 10:39 AM
. * Re: Peripheral Neuropathy - L-Carnetine Moffie   10/29/04 05:13 AM
. * Re: Peripheral Neuropathy - L-Carnetine Anonymous   10/29/04 02:47 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7706

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3