Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

receiving oral sex and different views of risk
      10/15/02 04:49 AM

Hello all., This is my first time posting here so please be nice. I have spent countless hours on the net and hotlines trying to find accurate information on receiving oral sex. I have been going crazy for the last 3 months. I had a bad sore throat exactly 1 month after the incident and now I'm finding different things on my body that may not even exist (like a hard bone-like pea-size thing behind my left ear that doesn't move or hurt but after reading so much I think it is a lymph node.) I got tested last week and probably will get my results this week (praying for them to be negative). Now to cut to the chase, majority of the ppl say receiving oral sex is essentially no risk unless there was VISIBLE blood in the person's mouth and there have been NO documented cases and doesn't require testing. Then on the other hand are people like Dr. Holodniy and Dr. Susan Little who think there is a risk in this activity even WITHOUT blood present and that they have see cases where transmission occured this way. After reading their posts, it kind of sounded like they were thinking the other way around where in their minds "RECEIVING" meant performing (in one post Dr. little said 'receiving' oral sex is more riskier than 'giving' because it involves genital secretions and Dr. Holodniy once said the person has to interpret what "receiving" is and also when someone asked him 'they heard you need blood for getting infected through receiving oral sex' he responded 'you don't need blood, HIV is very happy in semen' ???. I don't want to sound like I am questioning what they said because clearly THEY are doctor's in the field and I AM NOT. I am just wondering why their opinion differs from CDC and most other ppl in the field and also if they knew cases where transmission has occured that way, why weren't THEY Documented?? Please give me your opinion on what you think the risks are in this activity and maybe any input into what I said above. Thank-you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* receiving oral sex and different views of risk Anonymous 10/15/02 04:49 AM
. * Re: receiving oral sex and different views of risk notanonymous   10/15/02 10:48 AM
. * Re:To notanon different views of risk Simon   10/15/02 02:27 PM
. * Re: you said you were leaving Anonymous   10/15/02 01:33 PM
. * Re: receiving oral sex and different views of risk Anonymous   10/15/02 10:01 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5217

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3