Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Elivis

Reged: 05/07/13
Risk Assessment
      05/25/13 06:32 PM

Hello, perhaps others can give their thoughts on my situation that I am still concerned about. Some people say may say 'zero' risk (move on, like this has never happened before or risk is so low that it doesn't exist practically), but CDC, WHO, and many other sources say the risk is pretty low and rare, but real. I have of course, as I'm sure many have seen before, read conflicting opinions on the science. I do not in any way want to begin an argument on what seems to be a hotly debatable topic - oral sex transmission. I've run the gamut of emotions but want to stay away from unfounded fear, etc. etc.
First, my potential risk exposure. One-time brief receptive oral without completion on a guy , but I may have had a few canker sores at the time. Later found out he was + and tells me it was a recent finding but wasn't on meds due to low VL. I worry, but also have been testing, too. All negative so far.
15,17, and 39 (5 weeks, 4 days) days - neg. rapid Uni-Gold
18 days - neg. RNA PCR below det. limit at <48cp/mL
52 days (7 weeks, 3 days)- neg. blood rapid Clearview STAT-PAK
56 (8 weeks) and 64 days (9 weeks, 1 day)- neg. OraQuick in-home oral swab
I did have some mild symptoms that may or may not be related between 32-37 days: nausea, chills, fatigue, body ache, but no fever, rash, sore throat, or others. I've read though that symptoms are a bad way to look at it due to they are non-specific, could be due to something else, etc.
I've seen a lot of conflicting info about possible exposure like this (from zero to 5% or even more). I know many here have seen this kind of question and concern often, but I would appreciate your input. For peace of mind, I likely will continue to test to 12-13 weeks (maybe I could test earlier with Combo or another RNA), but any advice. admonishment, comfort, etc is appreciated. thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Risk Assessment Elivis 05/25/13 06:32 PM
. * Re: Risk Assessment kicker   05/25/13 06:50 PM
. * Re: Risk Assessment Elivis   05/25/13 07:28 PM
. * Re: Risk Assessment Elivis   05/25/13 07:18 PM
. * Re: Risk Assessment kicker   05/25/13 07:28 PM
. * Re: Risk Assessment kicker   05/25/13 07:43 PM
. * Re: Risk Assessment Elivis   05/25/13 08:03 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1324

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3