Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

mbz

Reged: 02/05/13
Need Help: WB indeterminate, Oraquick Negative
      02/05/13 10:26 AM

Recently my girlfriend had an HIV test done as a full body check up. When the labs came back they said the something was picked up in the 1st test so a 2nd test (western Blot) showed a p24 band only. Giving her indeterminate results. Her and I have been together for about 6 months and are very much devoted to each other nor are we drug users of any kind.

My last sexual partner was about 7 months ago and her's was about 9 to 10 months ago. After the test results came back we rushed out to the store and bought 2 Oraquick tests. Both yielded negative results.

One would suspect that at this time frame Oraquick would have picked it up if we were positive. We were made a bit more comfortable knowing that we both got negative results from Oraquick. This kind of leads me to think that the test she got at the lab was wrong. Im interested in hearing your take on this. How can we both show negative Oraquick test and she show indeterminate WB test results at this time frame?

Background is: We are both white, non drug users. We were best friends before we started dating and deeply know about each others past. We have lived together ever since we started dating.

Best Regards

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Need Help: WB indeterminate, Oraquick Negative mbz 02/05/13 10:26 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1324

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3