Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

rufio1979

Reged: 01/29/13
ARS Symptoms
      01/29/13 02:07 AM

I had two exposures two weeks ago. Both times were protected,the condoms did not break, one anal w/male me top, and the other vagina w/female, both were sex workers. A couple of days later I started to feel a burning sensation as if something was wrong with me. So I went to the clinic and they gave me some antibiotics. A couple of days later I felt discomfort under my left armpit. But it went away later in the day. About a week after the exposure, I felt a palpable lymph node under my right ear right behind the hinge of my jaw. I also felt as if the back of my right knee was swollen. I was starting to have episodes of when one moment i'd feel ok, the next I'd feel cold and even claustrophobic. The next day, I felt find. But as the 2nd week went on, I started to feel back pain, then muscle pains at different places on my body and the episodes of lousyness continued to the point where sometimes I couldn't sleep in my own bed. A burning sensation in my abdomen, the hinge of my elbows, just this weird sensation at different places on my body. I went to see my doctor, she tested me for Hep B ( i was vaccinated for this before) Hep C, Syphilis,( no signs of chancre) and an HIV antibody ( she said insurance won't do a HIV RNA before an antibody test) ( All tests were negative) now I know the antibody will come up negative because of the window period. But my question is what could this be, the faint pain on my Achilles,under my jaw, my forearm, joints, pressure behind my ears. All areas where they're are lymph nodes. Everything points to HIV. Is this so?My doctor tells me not to worry and calls my symptoms "vague". I now feel exhasted short of breath, lightheaded as if Im sick. Its been 18 days since the incident. What is wrong with me?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ARS Symptoms rufio1979 01/29/13 02:07 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms crabmanModerator   01/29/13 10:08 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms rufio1979   01/29/13 07:50 PM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms crabmanModerator   01/30/13 09:41 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms ak1983   01/29/13 09:03 PM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms rufio1979   01/29/13 10:43 PM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms kicker   01/29/13 10:54 PM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms rufio1979   01/31/13 02:54 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms crabmanModerator   01/31/13 07:41 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms rufio1979   01/31/13 08:20 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms crabmanModerator   01/31/13 09:09 AM
. * Re: ARS Symptoms kicker   01/31/13 11:10 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3762

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3