Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

francisco23016

Reged: 11/23/11
What is my risk?
      12/27/11 11:59 AM

Hi there,

I write here because I have inquiries of transmission of HIV. Two months ago, I had receptive and protected anal sex ( we used condom which did not break) with a guy whom has HIV (I realized of that the next morning of the intercourse). Also, I did fellatio to him (without condom), but there were not ejaculation, and when we were kissing ( eating a chocolate), I accidentaly bit his lip, so I think that there were some blood came into my mouth. I did not have any cut in my oral mucosa, but I was receiving treatment for peptic ulcers because of Helicobacter Pylori infection. He was diagnosed by June 20th, 2011 ( when his viral load was 76,500 copies/ml). Since that time, he is receiving HAART with lamivudine-zidovudine-efavirenz twice daily, but he told me that there are some days ( at maximun 3) that he does not take the pills, but most days of the month he is adhering to the treatment. His current viral load is 33,000 copies/ml.

When I realized of him diagnosis, I went to a doctor who gave me profilaxis about 18 hours post-exposure with lamivudine-zidovudine. At 24 hours post-exposure, I received Efavirenz, but at 36 hours post-exposure my regimen was changed with ritonavir-lopinavir. My question is : What is my overall risk of acquiring HIV, taking in consideration all that I have described above?.

I did a 4th generation ELISA about 33 days post-exposure which came back negative. I wonder how accuracy it is, despite prophylaxis and the possibility of delayed seroconversion.

I hope somebody would help me with these inquiries.

Thank you very much in advance.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* What is my risk? francisco23016 12/27/11 11:59 AM
. * Re: What is my risk? kicker   12/27/11 04:49 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1107

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3