Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

brainfried

Reged: 09/16/11
Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now...
      09/16/11 09:25 AM

Hi everyone. I am falling apart mentally. Nearly 7 months ago I went to a sex club with some friends and basically only deep kissed a woman there, nothing more than that. I was so drunk, the next day I felt so far out of my safety zone that I panicked and started testing for HIV. I had rapid tests from various makers(Determine, Oraquick, Fujirebio) at 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 weeks and 4 months and 6 months, all negative. I had a negative elisa at 8 weeks.

That brings me to today. I tested positive on a hospital lab ag/ab combo test. They gave me this ratio number 2.69. When I got the results, the hospital had already ran a separate test for just p24 using a different machine, that was negative, and they ran a Western Blot for HIV 1 and HIV 2, both were completely negative.

The doctor asked me to return in two weeks to retest and I'm basically counting the minutes now. I have been sick on and off since that night, seen two ENTs about my white tongue which they both verified is geographic tongue, chronic cough, sore points on my neck. Obviously I feel horrible. I have been checking other forums for any information on this situation, but everyone simply tells me the Western Blot trumps the positive tests. Does it really?? I have read that it's not very sensitive, and my number(above) is pretty low, maybe a weak positive, so would it really notice that? I found a study on another website that points specifically to the two testing devices used for my results, saying in this case, the western blot can't be trusted and that this particular elisa is super sensitive and never wrong. My doctor tried to assure me that I am probably negative but needs to confirm it. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? How did it resolve? or did it?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... brainfried 09/16/11 09:25 AM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... Explorer3235   09/17/11 03:29 PM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... mariana   09/17/11 05:57 PM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... crabmanModerator   09/16/11 09:43 AM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... brainfried   09/16/11 10:02 AM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... mariana   09/16/11 04:11 PM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... brainfried   09/17/11 01:10 AM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... mariana   09/17/11 10:55 AM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... brainfried   09/17/11 05:32 PM
. * Re: Tested positive, WB negative, complete mess now... crabmanModerator   09/17/11 10:00 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5025

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3