Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

concerned101

Reged: 07/12/11
Long Term Symptoms without Diagnosis
      07/12/11 02:40 AM

I'll try to keep this brief. Here is my chronology;
1996 - no sexual contact, just kissing with exchange of saliva with a female in a foreign country. Days later, growth on underside of tongue...fleshy in color with a white tip. Over a couple of days, it breaks open, bleeds a bit, and goes away. Tip of tongue near area of growth has strange sensation to this day.

1997 - notice I'm gaining weight and drying out (dry skin, dry hair). Very unusual as for years I had oily hair and skin.

1998 - Case of mononucleosis and Bells Palsey

2001 - Case of Pleurisy

2003 - diagnosed with osteoporosis and a dysfunctional gall bladder. Pain in right abdomen. Laparoscopic procedure to remove gall bladder

2004 to present - Often fatigued, continuous pain in right side below rib cage and lower right back. I think it's liver related, but tests indicate otherwise. Doctor thinks possibly shingles. Red rash-like symptoms on various of the body (legs, upper -arms\shoulders mostly). Lower legs and top of feet discolored from vitilgo. Spider and Varicose veins in lower legs. Also currently experiencing what seems to be itchiness and dryness in my arm pits.

Have had many female partners over the years, often engaging in unprotected sex. Regularly tested for HIV...last test November of 2010, results were negative.

I am concerned and actually getting tested for a whole suite of STD's tomorrow. Knock on wood, it's all negative. But I wanted to share my symptoms with those who frequent this board for comments. If my results were negative back in November of last year, do my symptoms sound like something indicative of HIV infection that just was not showing up on a test yet?

An am 41 years old.

Thank you for the assistance. I realize this is an HIV board and I am posting a bunch of information that may be unrelated to HIV.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Long Term Symptoms without Diagnosis concerned101 07/12/11 02:40 AM
. * Re: Long Term Symptoms without Diagnosis adams1   07/12/11 06:21 PM
. * Re: Long Term Symptoms without Diagnosis kicker   07/13/11 06:30 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3366

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3