Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

worriedbrit

Reged: 03/05/07
Condom Breakage - level of risk?
      03/05/07 07:51 AM

Morning all from across the pond.... wondered if anyone could help a worried Brit who has made the mistake of visiting too many websites for information and ended up focusing on the worst case scenarios!

This site appears to be extremely "level headed" with the exception of 1 or 2 denialists who will probably answer my post but to those more friendly posters out there, I wonder if you could answer this....

How worried should I be about a condom breaking where I was the insertive anal partner (I am male and my partner was female) - I estimate that it was 2 or 3 minutes that I was unaware of the breakage and I am unaware of my partner's HIV status. She has had lots of partners (not a criticism) and I would hate to make presumptions based on the fact that she has had lots of partners.

My mind is telling me that the risk was extremely low (the other activities were oral sex and protected vaginal sex) but the bad voice that is the worrier in me is shouting that this was a high risk situation.

I'm planning on getting a check up in 3 months - not just becuase of this but becuase it makes sense anyhow, and am just wondering whether the next 13 weeks should just pass me by or whether I'm going to waste 13 weeks obsessing about this. Any thoughts you have (especially those that tell me not to worry!!) would be warmly appreciated,

Thanks for all your patience - you've been a lovely audience and I hope to hear from some of you soon.

All the best

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Condom Breakage - level of risk? worriedbrit 03/05/07 07:51 AM
. * Re: Condom Breakage - level of risk? Jackie__Blue   03/06/07 09:12 AM
. * Re: Condom Breakage - level of risk? worriedbrit   03/06/07 09:41 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3816

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3