Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

worriedman
Unregistered

Possible HIV transmission/infection ???
      04/02/00 09:56 PM

Hello,

Hope someone can enlighten me on this encounter I had.

I've come across a stranger in the men's public toilet on 21 Apr 99, he was 'sort of' stroking his private parts when I went in.

I occupied the adjacent urinal and was just about to ease myself when he suddenly extended his hand and touched the crotch area of my still-zipped jeans and hurriedly left the scene.

I was disgusted by his act that I went to the just-vacant cubicle to ease myself. BUT before easing, I tried to clean off whatever that was (if anything, ... I can't ascertain, wet or dry ) on the "crotch area" of my jeans with my fingers.

WITHOUT washing my fingers, I proceeded to ease myself. It is my habit to clean the tip of my glans with tissue paper after urinating, but there weren't any tissues available then. So, I had to do so with my fingers. That is, getting rid/"rubbing off" of urine droplets/remains at the small opening (urinary meatus) of the glans.

QUESTIONS:-
==========

1. If he is HIV POSITIVE, will I be infected with the virus from that incident, by having it 'INTRODUCED' into my body (via the urinary meatus) by my "finger-rubbing" act, without disinfecting/washing my fingers in the first instance ?

2. In relation to Q1, are sore throats and feeling feverish coupled with runny nose and tiredness a sign of Acute Primary HIV infection. I'm having these illness since 10 ~ 15 May 99, which is about 3 weeks after the "EXPOSURE"?

3. Can a person catch HIV in such freak accidents ... where no SEX, DRUGS is involved ?

All views are welcomed.

Thanks!

worriedman
15 May 99

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Possible HIV transmission/infection ??? worriedman 04/02/00 09:56 PM
. * Any advise on a rol Avala   09/10/09 07:38 AM
. * Any advise on a goo Avala   09/10/09 03:31 AM
. * Re: Possible HIV transmission/infection ??? Someone   04/02/00 09:58 PM
. * Re: Possible HIV transmission/infection ??? Anonymous   04/02/00 09:57 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7500

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3