Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Must read for all you HIV worry warts
      07/08/04 04:29 PM

My story begins almost 4 years ago. I was going through a divorce which changed my outlook on life. I didn't care about anything anymore. I drank heavily and felt sad and lonely. Well I met a friend got drunk and had unprotected sex with her twice. I also slept with three others during that period all unprotected. Then shortly after I began to worry about HIV. This fear consumed me for years I drank and drank started smoking again, became very irresponsible finacially to the point that my credit was ruined. This life style went on for years. I suffered a neck problem that required surgery, but out of fear of HIV I endured pain that I cannot describe rather than find out I was HIV+. I eventually had no choice I had the surgery. It was then I found out that HIV test are not given as part of a presurgery exam. Then the day came when my employer required me to take a physical, and as part of this physical I was required to take a HIV test. I delayed my physical in fear of being positive. However I could no longer delay the exam so last week I resigned myself to go through the physical. I watched as they drew the blood for the HIV test, knowing that in a few days I would get the word that I was positive. I resigned myself that I would be unemployed, and shunned. This morning I recieved an email stating that my physical was fine with the exception of one problem. So I walked over to the clinic, expecting them to say I am sorry your HIV exam is positive. I was told that the problem was that they did not have my eye exam results and that my blood tests all were fine. The results were all back and to my suprise i was negative. I wasted so many years, almost ruined my health, ruined my credit over a fear that I let over run my life. Please, if you are a risk get tested. The fear, and what that fear can do to your life simply isn't worth it. And when you find out you are negative, remember accept it, and be safe.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Must read for all you HIV worry warts Anonymous 07/08/04 04:29 PM
. * Re: Must read for all you HIV worry warts Anonymous   07/09/04 01:49 AM
. * Re: Must read for all you HIV worry warts D.J.   07/08/04 09:36 PM
. * Re: Must read for all you HIV worry warts my2cent   07/08/04 06:35 PM
. * Re: Must read for all you HIV worry warts Anonymous   07/08/04 08:32 PM
. * Re: Must read for all you HIV worry warts Anonymous   07/09/04 04:30 PM
. * Re: Must read for all you HIV worry warts MidNightMix   07/13/04 11:09 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4126

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3