HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
oldwoman
Guardian

Reged: 05/12/07
Loc: Phila,Pa
Lori/Sunflower
      #234548 - 12/20/07 08:11 AM

Tomorrow is the big day.Congratulations,best wishes and a big hug to you and your husband!!!!I realize that you probably won't really read this for a while between the wedding and honeymoon but couldn't not say YAAAAAAAAY!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
TRex
Master

Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: California, USA
Re: Lori/Sunflower new
      #234562 - 12/21/07 01:33 AM

I am sooooooooo happy for you Lor...am thinking of you and your hubbie. Best wishes for you and the man that loves you for who you are. Hugs Bernie

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #234564 - 12/21/07 09:17 AM

HAPPY,,, HAPPY MARRIAGE TO YOU... D

hrdrsr
Regular

Reged: 11/03/07
Loc: Colorado
      #234598 - 12/22/07 06:27 PM

Best wishes to you and your husband.

May God bless you always.

sunflower
Grand Master

Reged: 08/31/06
Loc: AK
      #234693 - 12/27/07 09:00 PM

Wow!!!
Thank you all so much!
It has been a busy week, with family flying in, everyone over for dinner a couple times, big breakfasts for the clan, and of course the big day - it couldn't have gone better!
The setting was lovely - we thought we had forgotten our vows at home so we made them up (based on what we had written) and it turned out great. The food was delicious, people had fun, and so did Derek and I.
The last of the family flew out this morning.
Thank you for the support and wishes - it means so much to me.
Big bear hug to you all -
What is on everyone's New Years list?? Any great plans for the coming year?
Love you tons- -
L

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

TRex
Master

#234701 - 12/27/07 10:56 PM

Lor..I am sooooo happy for you!!! I'm happy it went great! Your vows are in your heart, I am sure!! No big plans for the New Year...I don't think I can get to PA intime for Terri's New Year's eve party..so will stay here in California!!! LOL LOL. Just got back from Dad's in Florida for Christmas..too much fun and happiness. The New Year will bring health and happiness...I'm convinced of that.
Hugs Bernie

oldwoman
Guardian

#234724 - 12/28/07 07:10 PM

Lori,congratulations I'm glad to hear things went well,not that I had any doubts!It sounds wonderful and great that you're families were able to stay so long.

New Years Eve is a slumber party at my Mom's,all the girls in the family will play board games,watch sappy movies and get drunk.

The only bad thing is that on the 29th we'll all be together for my nephew's going away party,he's leaving for Iraq Jan 12th.So we'll have a weight on our hearts.

TRex
Master

#234730 - 12/28/07 09:02 PM

Terri...for your nephew..keep it all upbeat. It is difficult enough for him to deploy..the best thing you can do for him is be upbeat and supportive. Be sure to write letters, send care packages. and most of all stay positive!!! As a veteran of Operation Desert Storm (in Saudi Arabia, 30 miles from Iraq)..I know what its like to be there....... the most important thing is the connection from home. Send him off with positive vibes...and know in your heart and mind that all will be well.
Luv Bernie

oldwoman
Guardian

#234746 - 12/29/07 06:24 PM

Thanks Bernie,we're saving all the tears for when we're alone.Got him a great going away gift,a night at The Inn of The Dove with his wife,yeah it's one of the hotels with the hot tub,jacuzzi,fireplace in your room,mirrors on the ceiling round bed...We may get another niece or nephew out of this!
Did you know that Hallmark now sells cards for the
military,little while you're at war cards,kind of weird but I'm sure they'll come in handy.
Thank you for your support,that's what makes you so special
Terry

TRex
Master

#234758 - 12/29/07 11:02 PM

Hey Terry. What a great going away gift. He will have a nice romantic , quite evening with his wife...those thoughts are the positive things he needs to hold him over.
Did you know many soldiers keep a pair of their loved ones painties in their helmets? Or pictures? or other important home keepsakes?
Hey Terry..did you see how we all stood up for you against that bozo who wanted to do a study on the "living with HIV site"..what an idiot!!!!
By the way..in the support section..you are the tops for me....
Hugs...B.

sunflower
Grand Master

Reged: 08/31/06
Loc: AK
      #234759 - 12/30/07 12:42 AM

Terri -
my son is going to be deployed in May - I am SSSOOOOO against it - what wqould happen if all of them had to take their moms and grandmas??? It would be great!
Anyway - Bernie - I will follow your good advice and be there for him - as popsitive as possible.
Have a wonderful New Years and thanks again for the support!
Lor

--------------------
Focus on your potential.

oldwoman
Guardian

#234780 - 12/30/07 07:47 PM

Bernie
The party was really nice,I had my weepy moments but remembered your advice and stood in a corner til I got myself together!His wife burst out crying when we gave them the gift,she said they had always wanted to go there but never had the money.I saw how every body stood up for me,thanks I never expected that
Terry

oldwoman
Guardian

#234781 - 12/30/07 07:51 PM

Lori,if Bush had to deal with all the Moms,Grandmoms and Aunts this whole thing never would have started!!I wish I had some words of wisdom but the whole thought of one of your children going to war is too much for me.
Happy New Year to you too,this one has sure brought you some great changes!!

TRex
Master

#234803 - 12/31/07 06:38 PM

Our illustrious leader barely even went to his Air National Guard duties....funny how he has a whole lot more benefits than I do and I spent 24 1/2 years in the military, was in Saudi Arabia getting scud rocketed during Operation Desert Storm AND have to wait until 60 until I get my benefits. Whats wrong with this picture!!!
Happy New Year to everyone!! May the new year bring you all health and happiness.
Love Bernie

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #234909 - 01/04/08 08:59 PM

OH MY GOD! Lori I think I have been living under a rock. I haven't been on lately and saw that you got married. The last time I talked to you you were thinking of going on a date. I am so incredibly happy for you!
Love,
Missy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11063

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3