Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
lola

Reged: 10/10/05
Loc: South east England
New at this!
      #161561 - 10/10/05 08:13 PM

Hello there! I have viewed this forum for quite a while. First time to write! I have been positive for 5 years. I am very well started meds beginning of this year! I have never been in touch with anyone in same situation. So thought it would do me good to contact people in same boat! would be great if anyone wants to chat

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: New at this! new
      #161731 - 10/12/05 08:20 PM

WELCOME!
Did you start meds or are you starting?

lola

#161802 - 10/13/05 05:56 PM

Hi A, I started Meds Jan of this year! took a while to get used to but I am very lucky and they seem to be working well.
Hardest thing for me was more psychological taking tablets made it all seem more REAL! Because only couple of people know I am positive I tried not to let it effect my life too much! but when you take tablets each day it is a bit of a reminder!

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #161976 - 10/16/05 08:48 PM

Hi lola,

welcome to the boards. sorry it took me a few days to say hello. I look forward to getting to know you! (:

i understand what you mean about the physcological part of the medication. i think that is the scariest part of it all. you're right, it keeps a constant reminder of it when you are on medications. (although, its not always so easy to get off your mind, right?).

look forward to getting to know you better. hope all is going well. what are you on for medications right now?

take care,
debbie

lola

#162621 - 10/24/05 03:51 PM

Hello Debbie
Thanks for replying,
I hope you are well, I am on Combivir & Sustiva apart from some crazy dreams i am getting on very well. I was dreading starting treatment really thought it would change my life! but thankfully so far so good.
What about you, how long you been pos? are you on treatment? This site is very helpfull. comforting to know other people are going through same things!
Take Care
Lola

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163685 - 11/08/05 10:49 PM

Hi Lola!

You are not alone. I am also HIV+. I was raped as a child. I was 12 years old. I was taken by two unknown males. Five years later a senior in high school i found myself pregnant. My son was born in May of 91. He was healthy. When i went back for my six week check up is when i found out i was positive. I wanted to kill myself. I was then worried about my baby. I was in denial for a whopping 10 years! I just didn't want to talk about it and i never told anyone. During the 10 years i was in denial i also went and had TWO more sons. One born in 93 and the last born in 95. They are all negative and healthy. I thought i would never have a normal relationship and that i would die and leave them. It will be 15 years in May 2006 i have been positive. I just started meds about 3 years ago. I am happily married and don't plan to have anymore children. I feel great. This is no longer a death sentence to me. Live everyday to the fullest. I absolutely refuse to let this beat me. I would rather die in my car before i let it take me. My family knows and everyone supports me. My husband is a wonderful man and i feel truly blessed. Did i mention in the 15 years i have NEVER been sick(not even a cold) or hospitalized!! You will be fine I believe it for you as i do for myself. One more small piece of advice....a little prayer goes a long long way. Take care of yourself.

Sincerely,
"Life"

franfrog
Unregistered

#163739 - 11/09/05 02:37 PM

Hi Lola
I am also +. I am gathering I have been + for 8 years now. My daughters father is in the hospital as we speak because he did not take care of himself. I found out when I ended up in the hospital with PCP. I am also on combivir/sustiva. In just 3 weeks my cell count went up to 299 from 50. I feel great, some weird dreams, lack of sleep some nights but just to know I have been responding to meds so well. I had both my son (who is not of the same father but was around him) and my daughter who is 8 now(so some time before pregnancy or after I was infected) got tested. LUCKILY both neg. I was recently married and found out afterwards that I was +. My husband has been wonderful. You are not alone. Feel free to let us know how things are going. Would love to talk more.

Amann077
Unregistered

#163932 - 11/11/05 12:42 PM

Hi Lola
I can relate to you,but I do believe it gets manageable
with time,I know it may not feel like it,but there are
others like you.I`ve been hiv positive for about one
year.Keep the faith,believe!!!

Amann077

Reged: 11/12/05
      #163967 - 11/12/05 10:21 AM

Hi,Lola
I am hiv positive,and I have read some of your post.
I must say,you like myself really do show the merit to
live healthy with the hope of a cure".

DAWAY

Reged: 09/19/10
      #252193 - 09/22/10 04:38 PM

Hi dear, yes I will be please to have a chat with you. I am also 5yrs + and new to this site. I am a sierra leonean 42yrs single man. Need a relationship. My email; conteh_d1@yahoo.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5481

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3