Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Robin
Unregistered

Looking for new friends
      #1441 - 04/02/00 08:38 PM

I am a 30 yr old HIV+ female. I have 2 children. My daughter is 8 years old and my son is 2. My husband died when I was 4 1/2 months pregant with our son. Both kid's are negative. We had no clue. He was diagnosed and died 48 hours later. Looking for other women who share similar stories. Since most of us mother's are forced to keep our status quiet because we fear our children will become victims of ignorance, I feel it's important we have eachother to turn to. Please feel free to email me if you are interested in making a new friend.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Cheryl
Unregistered

Re: Looking for new friends new
      #1442 - 04/02/00 08:38 PM

I, too, am a mother who was diagnosed HIV+ in 1996. My husband was very sick and after several months of trying to figure what was wrong, he was diagnosed with HIV. He was very close to death, but miracously (sp) recovered. Together we have 4 children, ages 5-20. Thankfully, all have been tested and are negative. Like you, we have kept this disease very close to our chest for fear of retribution towards our children. I have felt very alone even though I have close friends and family. I would enjoy developing a friend who shares the same challenges that I do. I will look forward to your response so that we begin our friendship.

LUZ
Unregistered

#1443 - 04/02/00 08:39 PM

HI, I AM ALSO A MOTHER WHO TESTED POSITIVE IN 92 AFTER SEVERAL WEEKS OF MY HUSBAND BATTLES WITH WHAT WE LATER FOUND OUT WAS PCP. WE HAD NO IDEA SINCE HE TESTED NEGATIVE TWICE BEFORE. FOUR YEARS LATER HUSBAND PASSED AWAY. AND FOR THE SAME REASONS WE DIDN'T TELL ANYONE, MY CHILDREN WERE ALL TEENAGERS (ALL NEGATIVE) AT THE TIME, THE YOUNGEST WAS 14. BUT AS THE KIDS GOT OLDER IT GOT A LOT EASIER, WE STILL DON'T TELL ANYONE BECAUSE THERE IS STILL ALOT OF IGNORANCE OUT THERE. BUT WE DON'T LIVE HIDING IT EITHER AND SO FAR MY CHILDREN HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE VERY NORMAL LIVES. I THINK WHAT HELP ALSO WAS MOVING TO A BIG CITY, PEOPLE TEND TO BE TOO BUSY TO BE IN YOUR BUSINESS.

Care
Unregistered

#1444 - 04/02/00 08:40 PM

I am a 30 yr old HIV+ female. I have 2 children. My daughter is 8 years old and my son is 2. My husband died when I was 4 1/2 months pregant with our son. Both kid's are negative. We had no clue. He was diagnosed and died 48 hours later. Looking for other women who share similar stories. Since most of us mother's are forced to keep our status quiet because we fear our children will become victims of ignorance, I feel it's important we have eachother to turn to. Please feel free to email me if you are interested in making a new friend.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1445 - 04/02/00 08:41 PM

Hello. I am responding to this post regardless how old it is. I hope that you recieve this. I too am a 30/f/texas who is hiv positive. I have two children~Elizabeth 7 and Brandon 3 (on Jan 4), both are negative also. I have been hiv positive for nearly 12 years (on Feb 3, 2000). I have always been very healthy~knock on wood with very decent counts. The lowest my CD4s dropped was 227 with viral load at (amazingly) 3700 this past Feb and I began my first regimen and did so "consistently". I was not drug niave~but I certainly was never compliant. I am now undetectable and CD4s stable around 477. If you would like to correspond I would love to here how you are doing. How the children are doing? I have a homepage that I would love to share with you: http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/Caresurvivinghiv1
I hope to see your signature in my guest book or a response. Take care and God bless you and the babes!
Care/Stormee269@yahoo.com

desperate

Reged: 08/22/00
      #8876 - 08/25/00 11:41 AM

ME TOO WE ARE BOTH POS.NO ONE KNOWS.IM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS TO.THIS IS A HARD SECRET TO KEEP ALONE.IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO TALK WHO IS IN MY SAME SITUATION JUST REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE ALL REPLYS GO STRAIGHT TO MY REAL EMAIL ADD, HOPE TO HERE FROM YA SOON

Anonymous
Unregistered

#14594 - 01/09/01 10:10 AM

Hi, I'm female and a hiv mother too.
I've a daughter negative and my husband died when she was 4 months.
It's real what you said, people who aren't touched by this problem can't understand. But I can't feel shame for my infection, I think it's like a cancer.
Don't think you've something special or something terrible. think your health is radiant and dinamic and that the body know the way to be in health.
I send you and your son and daughter a great kiss.
Sorry for my terrible english.
Bye

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21785 - 09/02/01 12:16 AM

hi there!
I am 29 years old woman, have a 9 months old son who is negative. I was diagnosed in 1999, was so devastated and miserable for almost 6 months, I found out later on that I got it from my previous relationship before my marriage. Thanks God I have since then moved on with my life as if nothing has happened, I see my doctor once every month, take my meds and I have been undetectable for over a year now and ofcourse I have a health baby who keeps me so busy and happy- and suprisingly my husband tested negative-at the time we took the test we had been together for almost two years- and we are still together.

So all I want to say to all Hiv+ women is keep your heads up and hope for the better!

crazybones1
Unregistered

#36583 - 07/02/02 09:12 AM

hi i am like yourself but my husband is still alive i have two kids both clear but myself is not i worry about things like you and would love to chat email me

Anonymous
Unregistered

#36584 - 07/02/02 09:19 AM

i am here for you you can talk to me anytime i also have two children and they now the way things lie but have not had any stick my eldest is 9 and has handle thing well it may help to talk to your eldest i will help you through it

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5237

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3