Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
stefsorg
Unregistered

is anyone out there living a normal life with meds
      #139524 - 04/01/05 11:32 AM

Hello

I read horror stories probably too often about meds and death do to hiv. I have told most i have been positive for 6 yrs and need to start meds very soon. I don't know what to do. I want to love life. I want to live. I don't want to be a diability. I want to be a part of society. I am afraid i will have diarehha so bad i won't be able to leave the house or neuropathy so bad i won't be able to walk. I constantly hear hiv isn't a death sentance but are most people in 2005 still suffering greatly? I don't know if i want to suffer like that just to add a few miserable years to my life. I will do it for my family but refuse to become a burden. I just want to know if it's truely possible being treatment naive to live a good life in 2005 with hiv. People rarely talk about the good sides of this, like appreciating life. Also from your experience, being people who have lived with this for a long time, why in 2005 do we still have 18,000 deaths do to aids each yr. Any ideas maybe the new generation can work to lower this number.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: is anyone out there living a normal life with meds new
      #139543 - 04/01/05 02:25 PM

Hey Steforg,
I've been on meds for 11 yrs. now and really haven't had the side affects that would hinder my life. I also pray over my meds and thank God for each day that I'm blesses with. I strongly believe in the power of suggestion. So if you focus on the what ifs then chances are you'll cause those what ifs to happen. Don't focus on stuff that would otherwise not happen. Life is what you make it. And I chose to make mine as full as possible

stefsorg
Unregistered

#139555 - 04/01/05 06:26 PM

Thanks anonymous

It's really nice to hear someone is doing well. Lately i have heard ppl do nothing but complain. It confuses me especially when i hear new ppl complaining. The new meds are supposed to be much better. Plus not all side effects are terrible on your quality of life. I am pretty determined to not be a complainer because i did this to myself and have no one else to blame for it. All you have to do is where a condom, right. I tell my neg girlfriends who are dating this all the time, it's not worth it.

river
Expert

Reged: 03/05/05
      #139560 - 04/02/05 10:29 AM

Hey Stef,

I believe that the people that complain about their meds were chronic complainers before they got hit with this ordeal. I call them weenie whiners. And thats one membership I refuse to be a part of.But if that makes them feel better then so be it . But all that neg. attitude is not helping them. But its a way to get attention and pity . We all got different ways to deal with life. Chose your own way.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139565 - 04/02/05 02:22 PM

Stef

I found out I was positive 4 years ago. Had virus over 2o years. I was not sick but my numbers were bad.

I went on Trizivir and am still on it. I have never had any sympyoms. I look at the medicine as something that gives me life. I think people who dwell on having a bad experiece will.

I am raising two busy kids and work full time. I don;t have time to even worry about this disease. Stop worrying about how many people have died and being sick. I have no intentions of dying anytime soon.

Just go out and live you life as do peopl with diabetes, MS,ect.

Good luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139613 - 04/03/05 07:07 PM

stef i wish you could hold off on the meds for the next generation of meds to hit they will be soooooo much better and easier to take

stefsorg
Unregistered

#139631 - 04/04/05 12:34 PM

Hello
I wish i could hold off for the next generation also, but it looks like my time is coming soon, most i could wait is a year without doing major damage. I guess my goal is to find something fairly easy and make it last as long as possible. I even think that the new meds from new classes that will be hitting the market 2007-2008, there is predicted to be six completely new meds and a few reformulations. This should give up to those with few options. I gues i am just scared for my future, i have always been so independent and fear depending on someone, fear letting my husband down. I guess we have to just wait and see.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139743 - 04/07/05 02:08 AM

I have been + about 12 years.It took a lot of meds to get the right combo but I feel good most of the time.I have good days and bad,most are good.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#140296 - 04/20/05 07:39 AM

it is embarrassing that so many people are still dying from the ramifications eg. aids of this virus.
shame on our governments.
shame on the meds companies.
i have been positive for six years, on meds for four,viral load
<50 for that whole time, no side effects,790 cd4 count.
the only time i really experienced side effects from the pills was on the combination my doc's gave me when i was pregnant with my now healthy 14mth old girl an as soon as i switched after giving birth, they disappeared.
get yourself informed, there are new meds coming through with great results and very little side effects or you can see just by browsing this forum that there are many who choose not to take meds but still stay on top of this virus.
peace out

stefsorg
Unregistered

#140533 - 04/25/05 11:49 AM

Hello
I wanted to say thank you ladies for your input and my doc and i are starting meds in mid oct. I should be fine. I have been thinking alot lately because i really didn't want to take these meds to only extend my life but a few yrs. This wasn't worth it to me because i felt i was spreading false hope to those i love. So i started researching why ppl still die due to aids. This is what i have come up with; hcv, heart attacks, denial, sucide, resistance, kidney failure. Most of the io's we can control these days, resistance can't be fully avoided but if we can stay on our meds long enough we shouldn't run into this problem. HCV can be treated if found early. Treatments should be switched if they are affecting your organs. I feel like a lot of ppl die unneccessarily. What do you guys think maybe share your experience. My lastest experience with the death of a positive person is a male i knew who was addicted to meth and quit his meds, he gave up. I have a friend 25 born with hiv who fights hard everyday. What's going on? I think we should be studying the causes for death rather than just the statistics. Any opinions.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6055

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3