Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
hivstudent

Reged: 04/27/13
Scared to take my first ever pill
      #274720 - 01/09/14 10:44 AM

Tonight I am taking my first 2 pills of Kivexa (Epzicom) and Isentress.
I am scared! Shaking! And I feel like my heart is crumbing and shrinking :/
I feel good, I just do not want the med to make me feel worse
Doctor expects the best, but still I do not know what changes I will face.
Help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gardener

Reged: 12/19/13
Loc: East coast
Re: Scared to take my first ever pill new
      #274722 - 01/09/14 09:26 PM

I took my first pill on nov 26 (stribild). My CD4 was 317. I tested poz in August 2013. I was very nervous too. I never liked taking meds and was nervous about side effects and keeping on track. I also felt fine physically but didn't want the meds to make me sick. So far it has gone fine. No side effects at all and starting to feel routine. I take it in the morning with breakfast. After four weeks I was undetectable. Good luck with the meds. They will make you better and help you to control hiv.

Edited by Gardener (01/09/14 09:29 PM)

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #274742 - 01/11/14 03:12 PM

So we are a few days now into taking your meds, how is it working out ... side effects? The meds, as does the HIV, will probably cause more issues when you THINK about it! Just take the meds, get busy with your life and you should be fine. If your doctor has set you up with what he feels is the best med for you, trust him, but keep in mind if something just doesn't feel right bring it to his attention ... maybe a different med will be better!

Be strong, don't worry and let us know how things are going, we are all here for each other when it comes to situations like this!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

MattyWho

Reged: 10/25/12
      #275439 - 02/16/14 10:35 AM

shit, like my doctor said i should make an appointment. to start treatment. Ive been positive for about a year now, and still processing, so yeah i feel ya. I know it will help but whoa everything it scary. another bill, another worry if im broke and can't afford my meds, side effects i can probably handle but everyday forever... stay strong!!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #275475 - 02/19/14 08:46 AM

I've been taking meds for 20 years now. It's not a big deal. You take them befor you go to sleep and you;ll be fine. If you need to talk then stop on by Motivated For Mankind weebly .com We have an open chat room there for those that want to chat one to one or one to many .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Ninjawife

Reged: 07/29/13
      #275822 - 03/29/14 12:56 PM

I remember that day all too well last July. I was alone in the house, my husband in the hospital, starting at myself in the bathroom mirror with a big blue pill in my hand. I thought that the moment I took that pill my life would change.

My life didn't change. I take that pill every night with my husband. We've made a ritual of it, celebrate life by taking one pill that helps us have a long, healthy life together. We thank God for everything we've been given and the time we can have together.

I really hope you are doing okay now and realizing what a blessing it is that we can take a pill to allow us all to live normal lives. That day I thought my life was over, turns out it was just starting.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2891

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3