Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

Pages: 1
Gizmo

Reged: 08/13/11
Loc: Omaha, NE
Starting Complera
      #271559 - 04/07/13 03:20 PM

I started Complera on 4/23/13. My recent bloodwork showed my CD4 had dropped to 591 (previously was 748) and my viral load had increased from 8,000 to 18,000. It has now been two weeks since I started taking Complera. I have had only couple of side effects from the medication. I had an issue with my inner ear fluttering for a few days but that subsided. I have also had a little bit of nausea...but it has been lessening. No other side effects to report which has helped alleviate my worries. I have my follow up bloodwork in a few weeks. Let's hope the Complera does what it is supposed to do. I will keep you posted. I wanted to add this post to let others know how it has been for me in case they are considering taking Complera. At this point I would recommend it. The only downside of this medication is that you must take it with a meal of at least 400 calories.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gizmo

Reged: 08/13/11
Loc: Omaha, NE
Re: Starting Complera new
      #272107 - 05/19/13 11:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. I have been taking Complera for almost two months now. After the first couple of weeks the nausea did go away. The only time I get nauseous now is when I am really hungry I tend to feel nauseous, this is something that did not occur before I started Complera. I just got my blood work results back my CD4 count stayed the same (right around 590) and my viral load is now undetectable. That was exciting news...the medication is working! If you are considering taking Complera I haven't had a bad experience with it and would recommend it as long as you can adhere to taking it with the required 400 calorie meal.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272110 - 05/20/13 09:13 AM

Hey Giz , That is wonderful news! I will probably be switching to complers in the fall so I'm glad to hear about the vl. Mines been undetectable for years and was concerned that change in meds would affect it. Gongrats to you my friend. Now my problem , when I change is the calorie thing. I'm female and of course eating big meals is a live /hate thing . But I'll deal with that when the time comes

AboutTimex

Reged: 11/12/12
      #272124 - 05/20/13 08:38 PM

I started Complera in Sept 12. By late Oct I was undectable. Other than feeling like I drank too much coffee my first couple of days I've had zero side effects.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1323

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3