Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
What's happening?
      #274348 - 11/09/13 01:57 PM

I am not too sure regarding this forum site anymore. After stumbling across it last May and finding it very helpful and meeting so many great people, both as moderators and just people sharing the same journey, suddenly the site has gone quiet, almost cold!

Our one moderator, kicker, seemed to just vanish one day, I pray he is okay and that something nasty hasn't come his way. Many people I have chatted with in the forum and via private message have just stopped, unfortunately we never shared personal email addresses and just relied on this site.

I know life can become busy with fall and the preparation for winter and now the festive holiday season getting well under way, people get busy. I have noticed though even in the "Who's Online" portion, before there was sometimes upto 30 Annonymous users and anywhere from 3 to 10 registered users on basically anytime I checked.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY????

If anyone knows of another site they may be frequenting, please share a post, it would be nice to have several sites we could all "talk" on, not to abandon this site. I am still a loyal fan of thebody.com, it has been a great place to share thoughts in the early days of my HIV journey.

There is no local support groups around here where I live in Canada, the only place is HIV Edmonton but it is more of a drop in assistance office for people "suffering" from HIV. I'm not "suffering" I just have HIV, and they hours of operation are only 8-5 and closed from 12-1 Monday to Friday, so our local support is really limited to ... well, anyone with no job and can go there weekdays only! That's why I found this site so helpful in chatting with others sharing the same experiences, since it is so hard to "find" others in this neck-of-the-woods!

If you are just zipping through this forum, if you have been a regular, please just post a "hello" just so we know your doing good, that your holiday season is getting underway nicely, you got a job promotion, a special event is happening in your world!

It gets boring to have to come here to only read the SAME concerns of the worried-well, it's like watching a fly bashing it's head against a window.

Let's all make a promise to each other that we will take a second from our hurried lives to just post a "Hi, I'm doing fine" thing, just to keep our forum alive!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
heart

Reged: 09/01/12
Loc: united states
Re: What's happening? new
      #274352 - 11/10/13 02:18 PM

Hi Anotherday,
You have been a great inspiration to some many people. I wanted to thank you for all your support. We go through so many ups/downs..more ups than downs and we try to stay positive. At this time, we are dealing with one battle; however, we are on top of the situation and are getting great medical care. Last year, we would have only prayed for the improvements. This year, cd4 counts are up, viral undectable, we are healthier probably than we ever have been.
If anyone out there feels like giving up...DONT...there is a wonderful life; perhaps even better than before. HIV doesn't have to control your mind; instead wake up to a new day! The most important thing to remember; is to find an advocate for you, a dear friend to help you along the way, someone you trust will pick you up when your down and celebrate with you when your feeling great! You are not alone! There are so many wonderful people here at "The Body". Riverprincess and Anotherday...was like a breath of fresh air...Even though we only met on this computer site....they are truly loved...I would have been in turmoil; if they hadn't "put me on the right path again." Thank you, Don't give up on your endeavors...remember when someone is confused, scared, they need HOPE...and if the do not understand exactly what's happening to them, or lack understanding of HIV/AIDS...teach them, instruct them, Knowledge relieves many of so many fears...sometimes I think FEAR holds so tightly; that it makes to weak to learn; the key would be to gently reach out your hand and support in a positive way...
I hope all is well from this site...all of our moderators have been an excellent resource.

lilfshrmn

Reged: 03/07/13
Loc: SE US
      #274356 - 11/10/13 06:02 PM

People get busy...Once I learned to pace myself and rest often I stay pretty busy. I read more than I post. If something hits hard or I am moved to support then I do so.
I check in every day. I have found a lifeline and a wealth of knowledge, experience and support here. We are all in this together. As for me, I am one year into reconstitution after dangerously low CD4 nadir. First line doing it's job and the sides are diminishing. Still feel yucky some days, always subject to rapid onset exhaustion and fatigue. No infections since diagnosis. Not undetectable yet but improving with each lab. God is showing grace onto me and my family.

Cristian

Reged: 06/03/13
      #274359 - 11/11/13 08:50 AM

Well, hello!
The site has indeed become somehow dormant, but I always think that usually people sort of vanish a bit once they start adjusting and routine takes its toll. Meds start working...jobs and schools keep demanding time and little by little the virus sort of becomes a dot in a lower corner of the big square. It is there, but just as that...a dot in a huge square. Extra kudos for Riverprincess though, who always manages to give a warm cyber hug when in need. Still...I also wish they would be more interaction here. Cheers, anotherday! ;-)

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Gauteng, South Africa
      #274377 - 11/14/13 05:21 AM

there is another site most guys frequent and it is
www (dot) aidsmeds (dot) com

most of us are registered with both and it is great knowing how many other face the same as we do.

--------------------
"Live for today, because what you do today is what you use to make your future"

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2521

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3