Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
LoveMe

Reged: 09/29/13
Being pressured to start meds...
      #274274 - 10/25/13 07:27 PM

Since Sept my numbers were 66, 000 within 1 month it dropped to 40, 000 WITHOUT any meds my tcells went from 694 to 604...clinic is telling me u should consider meds so ithe viral load can drop faster...so your tcell can go up..I am spiritual n faithful. ..I don't want to take meds and begin to look sick n different and be pointed out...I'm undecisive...but don't want to be nieve..can I get some feedback and advice...thanks in advance...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Being pressured to start meds... new
      #274284 - 10/26/13 01:21 PM

The taking meds situation is and always will be a "your choice" kind of situation. Only you can give the yes or no, if your comfortable with taking meds, if your not afraid of taking meds.

From what I see, your numbers are good, but I am no expert. My numbers started out what I considered quite nasty, and my doctor said it was just a matter of time before I fell sick and would probably having severe issue or death. I went on meds, it worked, undetectable and slowly increasing T's now going on 7 months of meds, and yes I have to take them forever now, but it's just one pill, and it may or may not be causing some physical effects ... but HIV is not one of them!

I don't think, except for years down the road maybe, that taking the meds will make you look sick and different and stand out ... HIV will do alot worse if it decides to take charge!

When you talk spiritual and faithful, yes "God", or the greater powers that be really help in keeping us focused, can do miracles for the believers ... but also know that it has been many prayers by people suffering with illness, to find a cure or atleast help them feel better here on earth; it is prayers from researches wanting to help those people suffering who with a guided mystical hand have come up with amazing meds that did not exist even 10 years ago. My greater power answered my prayers and I take meds and I have HIV ... but I am now a better person, I see life alot clearer, I enjoy and appreciate every moment of every day!

Do your research on the meds, talk to your doctor, make it a very informed decision. Ask God, maybe you will be guided to take meds and get HIV off your worry plate, to clear the way for you to do even more wonderful! Good luck with whatever your decision will be, and always remember I am just a private message away if you want to chat!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

LoveMe

Reged: 09/29/13
      #274285 - 10/26/13 09:26 PM

Anotherday...thank you for your advice...much appreciated...

iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
      #274604 - 12/29/13 10:35 PM

The reality is that you can have blood tests done 5 minutes apart and get different results. Your clinic does the initial tests to see where you're starting. Guidelines for when to start meds varies. Some people want to start everybody immediately. Others want to wait until the virus progresses to a certain point. Scientists have done years of research and are finding that starting people earlier can lead to a longer, healthier life than waiting. No matter what the viral level.

Please explain to me how taking meds can make you look "sick n different". I've been taking meds for 15 years. I've never looked anything other than what I've always looked like. No one can point me out. Yes, I might take a pill when others can see what I'm doing. There are only about 10,000 reasons for you to be taking meds. Including having a cold. If you're asked about it simply explain to them that it's between you and your doctor. You appreciate their concern, but things are being taken care of.

I'm glad for you that you have your faith. But, in the 30+ years we have of documented files on HIV noone has ever prayed their virus away. A good clergy person will recommend that you find and stay with a good doctor. A person who says you should stop medication and be cured through prayer isn't looking out for your best interests. If anyone ever suggests that find another spiritual leader.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1868

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3