Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
optiplex

Reged: 08/28/13
hiv positive and life span
      #273611 - 08/28/13 01:52 AM

Sorry to ask stupid question but there is lot of ambiguity about the results. Recent studies have shown some dramatic outcomes. Now they are claiming that person can live average life span but how many have seen hiv positive living more than thirty years . There are few 20 years positive but when we see how many of infected have survived 20 years or more out of 10000. surely not more than 10 or 20 so this may sound good but looks dismal.
I am not trying to scare anyone or being drama but again choice of medicines is pretty limited and if someone get resistance then choice again go down. Still there are few medicines in second line treatment.

Haart side effects are also not good though but very very much required otherwise people would die very soon.

So just asking others opinion on this matter?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: hiv positive and life span new
      #273614 - 08/28/13 09:15 AM

I don't put all my hopes and beliefs in statistics. I've been pos for over twenty years. And I can easily count 10 people that have lived well over . And I am only one . So do your math. And there are more deaths from drunk driving, cancers, overdoses, hepc, you nameit and it has taken many lives. So your philosophy is really mute.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

optiplex

Reged: 08/28/13
      #273617 - 08/28/13 11:04 AM

Thanks for reply.
That is what exactly i am wondering . You must have seen thousands of cases and yet how many people have survived through 20 years . I am scared that is why asking such questions. I know only positive attitude help. Now according to lancet survey people can have almost normal life span but in fact after going through many internet pages what i have found that no of survivors is very very less and actually people are still living 6-15 years max with treatment. Than again pills side effects , toxicity but can be managed since this is the only thing keeping people alive.
I went through many peoples accounts and found them saying many of them have buried their many partners which is although very painful and scary also. Third line treatment is not very clear possibility and people hardly can manage existing treatment.
as per your opinion what affects survival most , not debating just asking for some relief.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #273618 - 08/28/13 11:40 AM

You are not HIV positive and from your supposed exposure "I just had three sec clit licking " it is unlikely that you are going to test positive over that.

You have no business posting here on the "I Just Tested Positive" forum. I am deleting your other post on this board and locking this thread. Please keep your posting strictly to the "Am I Infected" forum.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4403

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3