Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
hivstudent

Reged: 04/27/13
Waiting on viral load and cd4
      #271879 - 04/30/13 11:00 AM

I am waiting on my Viral Load and CD4+ count for the first time after diagnosis! and It is gonna be 2 weeks until I can get them, due to Orthodox Easter vacations.
if some of you has read my last post you would know, I am 3rd year med student! and where I study I get 0 access to treatment! altho I might not need it now, but I may to soon! + my status will be exposed to the government making me at risk of deporting! thus. losing my studies and all I have worked hard for 3 years.
I have been researching and checking my options, I cannot go back to my home country, cuz then my status will be exposed to family and that;s something they wont accept and my community is conservative. so I am transferring for a community college majoring in biomedical science or nursing in USA. and I do not wanna be an illegal immigrant there. so I need to apply for a student visa what I do not understand is, should I be in my home country to apply for student visa?
they need a paper that proves my parents ability to pay tuition fees. but I am gonna be applying for financial aid. cuz I wont be telling parents I am doing this. so how can I go through all of this? what are the steps needed! should I move now or should I wait? my life is a mess atm help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Waiting on viral load and cd4 new
      #271880 - 04/30/13 11:51 AM

I would suggest finding the closest US embassy and talking to them about the process. The majority of us have not had the need to go through the process for a visa to the US. They would be better adept at providing you with the information needed to complete the process. They would also be more fimilar with the current laws and guidelines as they change often.

They can also point you to resources and programs designed to help you with your needs. Programs such as scholarships/loans and housing.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1301

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3